We have a database of over 11,000 colleges all over India.
Connect with us to find your perfect fit!
27 April,2018 | By Brainwonders
If you are looking career options for commerce students after 12th, we present to you the exciting and lucrative career opportunities the Commerce stream holds. Commerce is the backbone of any professional organisation and thus it becomes crucial for one to choose right in this one!
Commerce is arguably the most popular choice in India as the Indian economy is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and many individuals prefer commerce stream the most. While pursuing this field one acquires knowledge related to corporate finance, stock markets and the inner financial functioning of various profit and non-profit organisations and the economy.
It is important that before you choose the right career, you must learn about yourself first. Your values, interests, soft skills, and aptitude in addition to your personality type will make some occupations a perfect fit for you. It is this combination which you need to find.
How do I choose the right career option after 12th? What are the different career options after 12th? My child is not good at maths, will a lot of streams get closed for him if he leaves maths after 10th? My kids have a wavering mind. They come up with a different choice every now and then.
How can I help them choose a career? Do I have the Aptitude for trade and finance? And many such questions pop into the mind of the newly appeared 10th and 12th graders as well as of their parents. With thousands of options around, children are often confused while choosing a definite career.
And when they don’t understand their real interest and aptitude or they don’t have proper knowledge about all the career options after 12th; finding a proper career seems like an insurmountable task. It is also estimated that almost 44% of the students choose the wrong career worldwide. Now, this isn’t necessary that should happen to you too.
Recommended Read: Top 9 Factors to Make the Right Career Choice
Thus, the Brainwonders U.S. Patented tests should be used to address these aspects for appropriate aptitude, skills and professional development by selecting the right career. Our educational system provides us with 3 major streams of education science, commerce and arts range as per your aptitude and interests.
1. Economics: It is the study of the production, transfer, and use of goods, services, and resources. Economists conduct researches and analyse data to predict market trends, build economic theories and models, and make recommendations for resolving economic issues. The field has an extremely positive future outlook, as there is a huge demand for qualified economists in consulting firms, private banks as well as public sectors, both in India and abroad.
2. Actuarial Science: Actuarial Science is a field dealing with the analysis of risk across various fields, such as insurance, business, finance, and healthcare. It requires a hold of individual logical, clerical and abstract aptitude. Professionals in this field (called Actuaries), employ mathematical equations, statistics, and financial theories to determine risk and uncertainty associated with various future events that can impact the business. To this end, they collect statistical data, conduct analysis, and design and implement numerous business strategies.
3. Management: Management is the forecasting, planning, organizing and coordination of a company’s processes, to ensure effective functioning and growth. One can direct their managerial aptitude towards this popular career route, with a relatively reliable career progression. It is a broad field that allows you the opportunity to select from different roles and specializations; including operations, marketing, human resources, finance, international business and sales.
5. Chartered Accountancy (C.A.): One of the most well-known and popular career option for commerce students after 12th, Chartered Accountant (C.A), is an internationally recognized professional certification conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). A Chartered Accountant works across various domains of business such as audit, taxation, investment, finance, etc. to increase the profitability of the firm.
6. Company Secretary (C.S.): Company Secretary is a professional course administered by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). The Company Secretary takes care of the efficient administration of a company, particularly with respect to ensuring legal and statutory compliance, and governance-related issues such as ensuring that the decisions of the board of directors are implemented. Their job involves giving advice on conducting business, dealing with situations involving conflict of interest, suggesting ways to prepare financial reports, developing corporate strategy, assisting in planning, and advising on company law.
7. Finance: A career in the finance domain involves helping businesses and individuals in making various financial planning decisions, monitoring cash flow, managing assets and liabilities, raising capital for expansion and running business operations. A common set of skills required across finance careers include a good grasp of economics and accounting concepts, a knack for numbers and data, and analytical thinking.
8. Bank PO: Bank Probationary Officer (PO) is an entry-level position in a bank, where an individual begins as a trainee. Bank PO exams are conducted by both public and private banks. During the probationary period (2 years), the candidates are required to work across various activities related to the daily functioning of a bank, such as handling cash flow, customer complaints, supervising clerical work, loan processing and approval, issuing ATM cards and checkbooks, etc. After the completion of the probation period, the candidate becomes an assistant manager, with an outlook at becoming the branch manager and attaining higher positions over the years.
9. Cost and Management Accounting: Cost and Management Accountants (earlier referred to as Cost and Works Accountants) are responsible for budgeting, cost management, performance evaluation and asset management within a company or organization. The CMA is a certification provided by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI), formerly known as the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI). Cost and management accountants work alongside corporate executives to prepare the financial plan and strategy of the company, and also prepare financial reports for various regulatory authorities, creditors, tax authorities, etc.
10. Statistics: Statistics is a field involved in the interpretation, analysis, and representation of numerical data. Analytical skills, logical aptitude and clerical accuracy is a must for success in this field. Statisticians collect and analyse data to solve various problems and make recommendations in organizations, both in the public and private sector. Statisticians conduct data collection, organize data, use various statistical tools and techniques to analyse the data, base conclusions and inferences on the data, and further make recommendations to stakeholders and policymakers based on the results.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding, career with the flexibility of work opportunities and possibilities to work across various sectors. These were the main career options for commerce students after 12th.
However, there are many other popular career options available apart from these, which align very well with commerce, such as Law, Hotel Management and Mass Communication for further exploration.
One can specialise in any one of them based on their aptitude, interest and professional priorities. But it is always recommended that everyone should choose a career on the basis of their personal choice and talent. For the same, the U.S. Patented DMIT by Brainwonders is sought by many students, parents and academic institutions to guide them through the sea of commerce.
Art And Media(1)
Career Guidance In India(17)
Events And Exhibitions(7)
Online IQ Test(3)
Sports and Rehabilitation(1)
Career in Design(1)
Which Course After 10th(11)
What Are Courses After 12th(13)
Psychometric Test Online(3)
Role of Parents in Career Selection(5)