The interest-aptitude test is an ability test that measures specific competencies in multiple aspects. It contrasts the multiple skill sets and preferences present in a person. This gives an occupational profile to understand the varying facets and individual strengths and areas that need to be developed.
Several people opt for the interest-aptitude test to understand and develop their professional path with suitable channelisation of their resources and are able to move towards pursuing happy and fulfilling careers. This in turn helps one to balance personal and social responsibilities as well.
An interest-aptitude test is often demanded owing to its multidimensional nature and ease of administering the process. One can use the test for thorough understanding not only about the advancement so far, but also cultivate a lifestyle which works to continue vision-fulfilment constructively.
WHEN TO TAKE INTEREST-APTITUDE TEST?
The interest-aptitude test draws its foundations in psychology and human development. The test characterises on the fact that various jobs demand certain combination talents and characteristics from a person. The test uses the candidates answers to match the traits and profile of the person to the jobs requiring the same. This ensures that the individual pursues a professional journey in a field which is fulfilling in various qualitative facets. Thus, various situations can direct one to take the test:
Children can immensely benefit from the test as it helps one understand the overall competencies they are developing and thus the parents and mentors are able to guide them accordingly to explore various options.
The teenagers use the test to track their development across various facets. The analysis and counselling list out various suitable options and allows the individual to start specialising their focus and efforts onwards the opted goals and targets.
Job satisfaction is actually what motivates one to continue and contribute their skills to the field. Thus, to understand various methods achieve greater heights and to cultivate a healthy work environment, the test analysis is very helpful.
Various schools, colleges and academic organisations have opted for an interest-aptitude test to guide student’s academic development, growth and management of the teachers and, to monitor and upgrade the institutional progress. Many corporate firms have opted for the interest-aptitude test for human resource recruitment, management and development and even for employee engagement programs.
The Brainwonders Interest-Aptitude test is in a multiple choice format and are timed (online or offline)
The responses of the client on the Interest-Aptitude test is measured against the answer key
The obtained scores are analysed to gain an understanding of the personal traits and competence
The procedure concludes with a counselling session where a counsellor explains the report in detail and discusses job options
● Abstract reasoning:
Ability to contextualize information and recognize patterns and critical metric for individuals that seek to enter management,
● Spatial Visualization : Ability to manipulate 2D and 3D shapes cognitively.
● Manual dexterity: Ability to perform manual tasks,
● Numerical Aptitude: Ability in mathematical proficiency,
● Creative skills: Ability to use out-of-the box approach,
● Literary skills: Evaluates literary skills like comprehen stories, write simple letters and construct simple sentences.
● Organizational skills: Ability to manage multiple dynamics variables
● Leadership skills: Ability to manage human resources
● Spelling : Evaluates the ability to recognize correct spellings and forms.
● Perceptual speed and accuracy: Ability to quickly read, compare and make simple inferences from the given information.
● Scientific skill: Ability and understanding in basic scientific concepts
● Mechanical reasoning and understanding: Ability to use simple technical concepts and principles.
The primary objective of an interest-aptitude test is to check the multiple abilities of the individual. It helps in maximizing their combination of strengths while working on the concerned areas. The test plays a pivotal role in selecting the right profession.
An aptitude test is divided into a number of subtests; where the numerical, verbal,abstract, logical reasoning, accuracy and spatial reasoning are a few categories which the test is designed. The test may vary as per field to be tested for each individual and purpose of taking the test.
There are majorly categorized as
● Numerical: Includes basic arithmetic, number sequences and simple mathematics. In management level test logical and analytical abilities like brain teasers, puzzles and logical reasoning, graphs and data-interpretation.
● Verbal : Includes grammar, spellings, ability to understand analogies and follow detailed instructions and various communication skills.
● Abstract: Measures the ability to identify the underlying logic of a pattern and determine the solution. It is the best indicator for fluid intelligence and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
● Logical reasoning: It is also known as critical analysis which helps in assessing a candidate’s ability to interpret patterns, number sequences and diagrammatic tests.
● Clerical speed and accuracy: This test is a classic approach to the ability of measuring a person’s ability to read quickly, compare set of information and make simple decision.
● Mechanical reasoning: This is also known as Technical reasoning. The candidate is mostly tested on the engineering and technical tests.
● Spatial reasoning: It is a reasoning skill that refers the capacity to think about three-dimensions and draw conclusion about those objects for limited information.
The interest-aptitude test evaluates the skills and talents that have been acquired with respect to the person's background and normalized scores. The result also highlights the career choices on the basis of strengths but does not declare one to limit themselves to their strengths. It encourages one to work on all aspects to keep all career options open, paving the way for professional success.
This can be done at the convenience of one’s home or office using a desktop/ laptop, tablet or phone and internet connection. Counselling is also available via telephonic or video call.
The candidate needs to visit the Brainwonders centre to undertake the test and again for a personal session with the counsellor based on the convenient time slots.