BE Full Form - Bachelor Of Engineering - Eligibility, Admission process, Colleges and Fee, Jobs and Salaries
28 January,2023 | By Brainwonders
The full form of (B.Eng.) is Bachelor of Engineering program is a four-year degree designed to provide students with an understanding of the fundamental concepts and theories of engineering. Graduates will gain an in-depth knowledge of their chosen field as well as be equipped with the problem-solving and technical skills needed to excel in the highly competitive world of engineering. Upon completion, graduates will be qualified for a variety of professions such as Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Hardware and Network Administrator and Computer Architect. Those who complete the course of study will possess the expertise to confidently and competently carry out complex tasks within their respective fields.
Let us proceed with the first question you may need to know.
Why Bachelor of Engineering?
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree provides individuals with a unique career opportunity in a highly satisfying field of work. With today’s rapidly-evolving technological landscape and the always growing need for more efficient solutions in business, industries, infrastructure, and healthcare, a Bachelor of Engineering degree could equip graduates with the technical skills and knowledge necessary to stand out from the competition.
- Furthermore, the engineering profession can provide an incredible platform for social good; by developing innovative solutions to complex problems, those who pursue a degree in engineering can make major contributions that significantly improve the world around them.
- Lastly, a Bachelor of Engineering degree will not only equip graduates with the necessary professional competencies, but it also cultivates logical thinking abilities and highly refined problem-solving skills. On top of this, studies have consistently shown that engineers often enjoy competitive starting salaries right after graduation.
Bachelor of Engineering Highlights:
Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Engineering:
- Interested candidates must complete 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.
- Depending on the college, they must secure at least 50% aggregate and as high as 90%.
- Candidates should be at least 18 years of age. The maximum period counted from the examination date should not be more than 24 years.
Bachelor of Engineering entrance exams:
- JEE mains
- JEE Advanced
- MHT CET
- AP EAMCET
- TS EAMCET
- IPU CET
- TS EAMCET
- The admission process for colleges in India depends upon the entrance exam conducted nationally and as per the university.
- This exam is then followed by JoSAA counselling.
- Once the candidate is selected, they must visit the college campus or may apply online for application.
- After submitting fees and document verification, he can officially attend the classes.
- For admission to colleges overseas, the candidate must have formal schooling of 10 + 2 from a recognised institute in India.
- He must qualify for the English language proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE etc.
- Students must also have a creative letter of recommendation (LOR) and a statement of purpose ( SOP).
Skills required by a BE student:
- Good communication skills
- Good management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Acquaintance with computers
- Building interpersonal
- Quality reasoning
- Logic and skills
- Knowledge of the core subject
- Leadership skills
- Familiarity with industry standards
Bachelor of Engineering is considered to be one of the most reputed courses, which encompasses the following branches:
Common Subjects in all domains:
- Linear algebra
- Basic electrical engineering
- Engineering chemistry
- Advanced Calculus
- Environmental science
- Basic ethics and laws
Are you worried about knowing if your personality matches the engineering profession?
Fret not, my dear friend. You can take the personality test by Brainwonders and learn about the strengths and weaknesses to make a wise decision.
Top Bachelors of Engineering colleges with fee structure:
- IIT Delhi - INR 8.39 lakhs
- IIT Kanpur - INR 8.31 lakh
- IIT Roorkee - INR 8.5 lakh
- BITS Pilani - INR 14.6 lakh to INR 18.63 lakh
- Amity University - INR 3.6 lakh to INR 18.68 lakh
- NIT kurukshetra - INR 5.67 lakh
- IIT Madras - INR 8.04 lakh
- IIT Hyderabad - INR 8.8 lakh
- NIT Trichy - INR 8.28 lakh
- NIT Surathkal - INR 5.4 lakh
- NIT Warangal - INR 5.54 lakh
- SRM University - INR 2 lakh to INR 15 lakh
- IIT Bombay - INR 9.08 lakh
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology - INR 5.4 lakh
- College of Engineering Pune - INR 3.6 lakh
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology - INR 5.38 lakh
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar - INR 8.47 lakh
Part-time Bachelor of Engineering colleges:
Not everyone can visit the college campus to study engineering, so they opt for part-time distance programs in Engineering, which are completed mainly in 3 years.
Following at the list of top colleges in India which offer part-time engineering programs:
- Amity University
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
- IIIT Bangalore
- IIITDM Jabalpur
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Lovely Professional University
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Fee structure for part-time Bachelor of Engineering is c
Distance Bachelor of Engineering program:
Those students who find it hard to attend the college regularly enroll for the distance learning program of Bachelor in Engineering. The fee for Bachelor of Engineering distance is approximately INR 12,000 to INR 1 lakh.
Distance program is provided in the following colleges:
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Wisdom School of Management
- Karnataka State Open University
- Academy of Higher Education
Top 10 Bachelors of Engineering Universities Abroad:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford university
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Princeton University
- ETH Zurich
- University of California
- Dalhousie university
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering chemistry
- Computer systems and programming
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Communication techniques
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Engineering chemistry/physics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanical engineering
- Environmental studies and disaster management
- Mathematics 3
- Strength of materials
- Basic materials and construction
- Basic surveying
- Engineering geology
- Survey Practice 1
- Basic material testing lab
- Professional ethics
- Mathematics 4
- Analysis of determinate structures
- Applied hydraulics
- Concrete technology
- Advanced Surveying
- Water supply and treatment engineering
- Survey Practice 2
- Fluid Mechanics and hydraulic machines lab
- Construction management and entrepreneurship
- Analysis of inter determinant structures
- Design of RC structural elements
- Basic geotechnical engineering
- Municipal and industrial wastewater engineering
- Highway Engineering.
- Computer-aided building plan and drawing
- Environmental engineering lab
- Environmental studies
- Design of Steel structural elements
- Applied geotechnical engineering
- Hydrology and irrigation engineering
- Professional elective 1
- Open elective A
- Geotechnical engineering lab
- Highway and concrete lab
- Extensive survey
- Quantity surveying and contract management
- Design of RCC and steel structural elements
- Professional elective 2
- Professional elective 3
- Computer-aided detailing of the structure
- Design of PSC
- Professional elective 4
- Project work Phase 2
- Technical seminar
BE Elective subjects:
- Cloud computing
- Material Handling
- Machine learning
- Autonomous vehicles
- Artificial intelligence
- Cyber security
- Graphic Designing
- Internet of things
Top B.E. Colleges Zone Wise:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- PSG College of Technology
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- International Institute of information Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- ISM Dhanbad
- BIT Mesra, Ranchi
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology
- IITM Gwalior
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
- DY Patil College of Engineering
Average salaries of BE graduates:
- Software engineer - INR 5.96 lakh
- Software developer - INR 5.35 lakh
- Civil engineer - INR 2.89 lakh
- Mechanical engineer - INR 3.65 lakh
- Senior software engineer - INR 10.2 lakh
- Project manager - INR 13.74 lakh
- Senior software developer - INR 10.25 lakh
- Design engineer - INR 3.74 lakh
- Team leader - INR 11.98 lakh
- Data analyst - INR 5.16 lakh
- Lead software engineer - INR 15.72 lakh
- Quality assurance engineer - INR 3.8 lakh
- Data scientist - INR 9.27 lakh
- Electrical engineer - INR 4.01 lakh
- Technical consultant - INR 9.05 lakh
- Technical architect - INR 19.52 lakh
- Development operations engineers - INR 7.58 lakh
- Web developer - INR 3.20 lakh
- Mechanical design engineer - INR 3.92 lakh
- Aeronautics engineer - INR 3.5 lakh
- Automobile Engineer - INR 12 lakh
- Biotechnologist - INR 2.5 lakh
- Electronics and Communication engineer - INR 9 lakh
Best countries offering job opportunities to Bachelor of Engineering students:
- United States of America
Several companies hire freshers from the engineering domain for their technical and theoretical knowledge. The top recruiters are mentioned below:
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Cognizant Technology solutions corporation
- Tech Mahindra
- IBM Global Services
- HCL Technologies
- Accenture services
- Morgan Stanley
- ITC Limited
- Larsen and Toubro
- JP Morgan
- Hindustan Unilever
A Bachelor of Engineering offers lucrative job opportunities with handsome salaries. However, losing hold of the steering wheel can be natural, especially when you have no one by your side to guide you and inform you about different specialisations.
If you need someone to assist you until you find a clear path for your future, you must consult with one of our career counsellors from Brainwonders.
We hope this article has helped you and you were able to find all the required details. We wish you all the best with your career journey.
FAQs about B.E course
Q.1 What is BE?
Ans: The full form of BE is Bachelor of Engineering is an undergraduate degree for aspiring engineers. This degree is equivalent to a B.Tech degree and is offered at various central and state universities like IITs and NITs.
Q.2. Do I have to be in the science field to apply for BE?
Ans: Yes, in order to pursue a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree, students must have completed secondary education with an emphasis in the science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics.
Q.3. What are some of the best BE colleges in India?
Ans: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Delhi, Mumbai and Roorkee are amongst some of the renowned institutes that provide BE courses.
Q.4. What job profiles can I expect after completing the BE course?
Ans: There are various job profiles that one can get into after completing the BE course.
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Lecturer or Professor at a University
- Robotics Engineering
Q.5. Is Distance BE valid?
Ans: No, Distance BE courses are not valid because they have not been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as valid qualification.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!