BEd Course: Details, Admission Process, Eligibility, Jobs , and Salaries Offered
09 January,2023 | By Brainwonders
Are you looking for a rewarding career in education that’s full of potential and opportunities? With a Bachelor of Education, you can be prepared to make a positive impact on learners and their communities. As an educator armed with a BEd degree, you can step into classrooms ready to foster students’ intellectual, social and emotional development as well as teach them transformational life skills. Through innovative courses, comprehensive real-world experience, and inspiring mentors, you can equip yourself to become an educator who not only guides but also truly engages those in your care. Ready to explore the potential for an inspiring career? Get started on your journey toward earning a Bachelor of Education today!
Bachelor of Education or B.Ed is a 2 years professional undergraduate course that is pursued after completing masters of bachelors Degree from a recognised Institute.
It is pursued by students who have an interest in teaching.
BEd offers various specialisations such as BA BEd, BSc BEd, etc. The course fee ranges from INR 5000 to INR 2 lakh.
After completion of the degree students can find various jobs as teachers, counsellors, content writers, educational researchers, online tutors, etc.
To become eligible for BEd, the students must clear entrance exams such as BEd CET, RIE CEE, etc. depending on the college syllabus.
||Bachelor of Education
||Arts and Sciences
||Relevant Bachelor's Degree
||Merit and Entrance-Based
|Bachelor of Education Course Fee
||INR 5000 - INR 2 lakh
|Bachelor of Education Jobs
||School teacher, Counsellor, Content Writer, Educational Researcher
|Bachelor of Education Salary
||INR 2 lakh to INR 10 lak
Why Study Bachelor of Education:
- B.Ed course provides a wide range of opportunities in the private and public sectors of the education profession.
- B.Ed Degree gives real-life classroom exposure to teaching experience. They also get to explore different teaching methods.
- B.Ed course helps the aspirants learn how to gain the student's attention and learn the knowledge the teacher imparts.
- B.Ed course helps to understand Information and Communication Technology. It helps impart helpful knowledge with the help of laptops, cell phones, video conferencing, etc.
- The B.Ed course teaches the aspirants about the administrative aspect of the education system.
- B.Ed also allows aspirants to recognise various issues prevailing at the National, international, and state levels.
- B.Ed Provides education that influences thinking and achievements at the workplace.
- The B.Ed helps in conceptual understanding of contemporary skills and their application.
- The Bachelor of Education Course helps the candidates to earn about INR 2 lakh to INR 10 lakh depending upon the skills.
- Individuals can set to practice while opening their schools, coaching institutes, etc.
Who Should Study Bachelor of Education?
- Individuals interested in a career in teaching in the EdTech sector should opt for a Bachelor of Education Course.
- Individuals interested in speaking and guiding students in their educational pursuits should take the Bachelor of Education.
- Individuals who want to become special educators can also take the bachelor of courses.
- Individuals who wish to have a career as a teacher should opt for a Bachelor of Education Course.
- Bachelor of Education Courses can be opted for by individuals working with different educational NGOs for a better understanding.
- Individuals with teaching experience looking for a better job opportunity can opt for a B.Ed course.
- Interested writers, school teachers, academicians, etc., can take a B.Ed course.
Bachelor of Education Types:
1. Full-time Bachelor of Education (BEd) Course:
- A full-time Bachelor of Education Course is a 2-years professional course pursued by the majority of the candidates in India.
- The admission process is through entrance exams: DU BEd, IPU CET, RIE CEE, etc.
- Full-time Bachelor of Education fees range from INR 20000 to INR 1 lakh.
- Top full-time Bachelor of Education Colleges:
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education
- Kalinga University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Delhi University
2. Online BEd (Bachelor of Education) Course:
- Online BEd courses are available in the form of certificate courses.
- The online course duration varies from a few hours to a few months.
- The online bachelor of courses is offered by different platforms such as the career hub.
- The course fee for online bachelor of education courses varies from INR 3k to INR 17k.
3. Distance Bachelor of Education (BEd) Course:
- Distance Bachelor of Education Course is taken by those students who are interested in opting for the course but cannot reach the designated college.
- The average distance education Bachelor of Education Course fee is INR 25k to INR 50k.
- The duration of the distance bachelor of education course is two years.
- Top colleges offering distance mode BEd Courses are:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Lovely Professional University
Also read about full-time and part-time MBA with Brainwonders.
Skills required for Bachelor of Education Course:
Every job requires some specialised set of skills besides passing the exams to make their career a more fulfilling one. These set of skills include:
- Time-management skills
- Organisational skills
- Self-motivational skills
- Quick Learning Abilities
- Good Communication
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Teaching aptitude
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving attitude
Take the personality test by Brainwonders.and find the areas of your strengths and weaknesses.
Bachelor of Education Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates must have a bachelor's or master's degree in any stream from a recognised university.
- The candidates must have an aggregate of 50% marks from a well-known university at the bachelor level.
- The candidate must have a total of 55% marks from a famous university at the postgraduate level.
- Candidates from reserved categories are given a relaxation of 5% in the overall effects of their relevant degrees.
- Some colleges ask for a minimum of 21 years of age to pursue a BEd Course.
Some additional Eligibility Criteria to pursue a Bachelor of Education Course are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Education Course at Delhi University requires choosing a subject category.
- In the case of the University of Calcutta, there is an upper age limit of 40 years. Reserved category candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5 years.
- Jamia Millia Islamia requires an aggregate of 45% marks in the postgraduate degree.
Bachelor of Education Admission Process:
- Admission to the Bachelor of Education Course is offered through merit and entrance examination.
- The candidates are then requested to fill out the college application forms: Online and offline.
- After clearing the exams, the candidates are called for an interview round. After the interview round, a final merit list is released.
- If the candidate is selected, he/she visits the college campus for document verification and fee payment.
The Specialisations in B.Ed program offers the candidates the requisite skills needed for research, application, and development of children's understanding of subjects.
Some of the Bachelor of Education Specialisation include:
However, the top 5 subjects for Specialisation include:
- Special Education
** Visit Brainwonders and apply for an aptitude test online.
Bachelor of Education Entrance Exam:
- The exam pattern includes English, general knowledge, aptitude, basic arithmetic, teaching potential, and local language
- The question types are objective and MCQ based.
- The syllabus and mode of examination may change according to the pattern of the University or the conducting body.
|UP BEd JEE
||Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET
|Bihar B.Ed CET
||MAH Integrated BEd-MEd CET
||CG Pre B.Ed
||Punjab B.Ed Exam
|MAH B.Ed CET
||Odisha BEd Entrance Examination
||Andhra Pradesh B.Ed Exam
||Guwahati University BEd Entrance Test
||BHU B.Ed Entrance Examination
Bachelor of Education Entrance Exam Syllabus:
- Current affairs
- General science
- Series completion
- Substitution and interchanging
- Principle of classification
- Tests of alphabet
- Nature, objective, characteristics, and basic requirements of teaching
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of Teaching
- Teaching Aids
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Seating arrangements
- Paragraph based puzzles
Top 10 B.Ed Colleges in India:
- Annamalai University
- Bangalore University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- University of Kerala
- University of Madras
- MDU Rohtak
- Mother Teresa Women's University Chennai
- Patna University
- SNDT Women's University Mumbai
- Madurai Kamaraj University
Also find top 20 universities according to NIRF ranking.
Top B.Ed Colleges according to Location and State for Bachelor of Education Course with fee structure:
|Bachelor of Education Colleges in New Delhi:
||Bachelor of Education Colleges in Mumbai:
- Chembur Sarvankash Shikshan Shastra Mahavidyalaya - INR 17k
- Gandhi Shikshan Bhavan's Smt Surajba College of Education - INR 19k
- Hansraj Jivandas College of Education - INR 11k
- Secondary Training College - INR 16k
|Bachelor of Education Colleges in Bangalore:
||Bachelor of Education Colleges in Kolkata:
- Christ University - INR 72k
- RR Group of Institutions - INR 90k
- RS College of Management and Science - INR 2 lakh
- Diana College of Education - INR 1.2 lakh
- Amitha B.Ed Teachers Training College - INR 70k
- St. Xavier College - INR 34k
- Rabindra Bharati University - INR 26k
- Sammilani Teachers Training College - INR 75k
- University of Calcutta - INR 2.1k
- Amity University - INR 80k
- Jadavpur University - INR 15k
- Seacom Engineering College - INR 1.35 lakh
- Hope Institute of Bengal - INR 90k
|Bachelor of Education colleges in Chennai:
||Bachelor of Education Colleges in Hyderabad:
- Rajalakshmi College of Education - INR 47k
- Ansaldo College of Education - INR 38k
- SRM Institute of Technology - INR 55k
- Institute of Advanced Study in Education - INR 3.9k
- DMI College of Education - INR 55k
- Brindavan Institute of Teacher Education - INR 59k
- SRM College of Education - INR 47k
- Ramadevi College of Education - INR 55k
- Sri Indu College of Education - INR 20k
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University - INR 11.1k
- Pasha College of Education - INR 20k
Top Colleges for Distance Bachelor of Education Courses with fee structure:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University - INR 55k
- NSOU - INR 40k
- Lovely Professional University - INR 50k/semester
- Annamalai University - INR 1.1 lakh
- Rabindranath Tagore University - INR 1.08 lakh
- Bharathidasan University - INR 50k
- Tamil Nadu National Open University - INR 50k
- Lady Shri Ram College of Commerce - INR 60k
Bachelor of Education Abroad Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates must have passed graduation with 60% marks and their class 12th with 65% marks.
- They must also take English proficiency tests like TOEFL and IELTS to pursue their career. (Band score is decided by the decided country and university).
- Studying B.Ed abroad is expensive, and the tuition fee is INR 16 lakh per annum and as high as 50 lakh per annum.
- The duration of the course is 3 to 4 years.
- The candidates must pass the entrance exam such as GRE, GMAT, etc.
Top B.Ed Colleges Overseas with fee structure:
- Stanford university - USD 7000 PA
- University of Texas - USD 5000 PA
- Washington State University - USD 5000 PA
- University of Cambridge - GBP 10000 PA
- Imperial College London - GBP 10000 PA
- University of Hull - GBP 10000
- University of Victoria - CAD 20000 PA
- York University - CAD 20000 PA
- Monash University - AUS 20000 PA
- University of Sydney - INR 20k PA
Syllabus and Subjects for B.Ed:
NCERT frames the Syllabus for B.Ed, and it includes the following:
- Learner as a Developing Individual
- Development and Learning
- Understanding Childhood in Socio-cultural perspective
- Adolescence: Issues and Concerns
- Stages of Development: Implications for Teachers
The general subjects in B.Ed include:
- Childhood and growing up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Pedagogy of School Subject
- Learning and Teaching
- Assessment for Learning
- Engagement with the Field: Tasks and Assignments
Find out about other courses with the career hub
Bachelor of Education Year-wise Syllabus:
- Basic in education
- Strengthening language proficiency
- School management
- Guidance and counselling I
- Computer Education
- Schooling, socialization, and identity I
- Developing teachers sensibilities
- Subject knowledge I
- Child Psychology
- Methodology of teaching
- Education for peace
- Schooling, socialization, and identity II
- Guidance and counselling II
- Understanding teacher learning situations
- Subject knowledge II
- Co-curricular activities in school and e-education
- Teacher training internships and practicals
- Environmental studies
Bachelor of Education Semester-wise Syllabus:
|Bachelor of Education Semester 1
||Bachelor of Education Semester 2
- Childhood and growing up
- Contemporary India and education
- Language across the curriculum
- Pedagogy of school subject-1 part-1
- Pedagogy of school subject-2 part-1
- Understanding of ICT and its applications
- Learning and teaching
- Pedagogy of School subject-2 part-2
- Knowledge and curriculum
- Assessment for learning
|Bachelor of Education Semester 3
||Bachelor of Education Semester 4
- Gender, School and Society
- Reading and reflecting on text
- Arts in education
- Understanding the self
- Creating an inclusive school
- Health, yoga, and physical education
Bachelor of Education Specialisations:
BA BEd Course:
BA b.Ed stands for Bachelor of Art and Bachelor of Education. It is a professional integrated undergraduate program which generally lasts four years. The admission process is direct and indirect, and the minimum eligibility criteria are to secure 55% marks in class 12 from a recognised board.
||Creative and critical thinking
|Contemporary education in India
||Drama and art in education
|Inclusive school creation
||Childhood and growing up
||Gender, society, and school
- The course fee for BA b.Ed in India ranges from INR 85k to INR 2 lakh
- BA b.Ed's job was around teachers, administrators, scooters, activists, writers, researchers, etc.
- BA b.Ed colleges include Kerala University, Ahmedabad University, Delhi University, etc.
- Candidates can choose from the following Specialisations in BA BEd Course:
- BEd in English
- BEd in Hindi
- BEd in Social Science
- BEd in Political Science
- BEd in Special Education
- BEd in History
- BEd in Malayalam
BSc BEd Course:
BSc BEd is an undergraduate degree course which lasts four years and is divided into eight semesters. Comprehensive knowledge base for becoming an elementary and secondary school teacher.
The aspirants looking for a course in BSc BEd must pass class 12 from the science stream with an aggregate of 50% marks. The course provides knowledge of botany, physics, Biology, zoology, chemistry, etc. BSc bed course is an opportunity for students who want to pursue science and education in 4 years. It also helps them save one year of the degree.
BSc BEd Syllabus includes:
||ICT and its applications
||Creative and critical thinking
|Contemporary education in India
|Inclusive school creation
||Childhood and growing up
||Pedagogy of life sciences
- BSE b.Ed fees depend on several factors, such as location, college, faculty, etc., and typically range between INR 10k to INR 2 lakh.
- BSc B.Ed jobs include profiles of teachers, administrators, tutors, matter experts, counsellors, etc.
- BSc BEd Course specialisation includes:
- BEd in Physics
- BEd in Chemistry
- BEd in Physical Science
- BEd in Computer Science
- BEd in Physical Education
- BEd in Home Science
- BEd in Biology
Bachelor of Education Jobs:
A Bachelor of Education is usually chosen by aspirants who wish to take up teaching as a profession. The B.Ed course duration is two years which is necessary for teaching at the secondary (classes 6 to 10) and higher secondary (classes 11 and 12) divisions. The average salary package offered for B.Ed graduates is INR 3.5 LPA.
Some of the top job profiles include:
- Teacher: teacher is responsible for preparing lessons for the students and educating them at all levels.
- Counsellor: Counsellors counter an individual's daily life and career problems and provide them with solutions.
- Content Writer: a content writer is responsible for writing content for the companies providing information about the goods and services offered.
- Educational Researcher: they are responsible for performing educational research programs.
- Principal and Vice Principal: they are the head of the school and responsible for the student's meeting and learning objectives.
- Consultant: The role of the Consultant is to advise and expertise the business and company's performance.
Bachelor of Education Course Comparison:
BEd VS BTC:
||Bachelor of Education
||Basic Training Certificate
||It makes the aspirants eligible to teach any grade upto class 12th.
||It makes the aspirants eligible for primary teaching
||Graduation or Post-graduation from a recognised university
||10+2 from a recognised board
|Average Course fee
||INR 1 lakh to INR 3 lakh
||INR 50k to INR 1 lakh
||INR 4 lakh to INR 6 lakh
||INR 2 lakh to INR 3 lakh
BEd VS D.EI.Ed:
|Bachelor of Education
||Diploma in Elementary Education
||Class 12th passed with 50% marks
||50% in class 10th along with passing the entrance exam
||RIE CEE, AP EDCET, UP B.Ed JEE
||Bihar D.EI.Ed Entrance Exam, Haryana D.EI.Ed Entrance exams
||DU, MDU, IGNOU
||DU, MDU, IGNOU
Bachelor of Education Job Prospects and Salaries Offered:
- School teacher - INR 3 lakh to INR 6 lakh
- Education counsellor - INR 3 lakh to INR 5 lakh
- Content writer - INR 4 lakh to INR 8.5 lakh
- Principal - INR 5 lakh to INR 7 lakh
- Educational Researcher - INR 6 lakh to INR 8 lakh
- Vice Principal - INR 4 lakh to INR 6 lakh
- Consultant - INR 3.6 lakh to INR 4 lakh
- Online Tutors - INR 3 lakh to INR 5 lakh
- Academician - INR 6 lakh to INR 8 lakh
Take the DMIT test by Brainwonders and know everything about yourself.
Top 5 Companies Recruiting BEd Graduates:
- Amity School
- 21k School
Scope for Higher Education after BEd:
Gaining more education can help students make a career in research if they are interested in it. Listed below are some of the popular higher education options available for students:
1. Can final-year students apply for the BEd Course?
Yes, final-year students can also apply for the BEd Entrance Exam.
2. Can I teach in schools without a BEd degree?
Yes, some private schools offer teaching jobs without a BEd degree. However, the salary offered to such teachers is less than those with a degree.
3. Where can I work after completing the BEd degree?
After the BEd Course, the candidates can find employment in schools, coaching institutes, and private and home tutors.
4. Can B.Tech or BE degree holders pursue BEd?
Yes, BE or B. Tech graduates can pursue the B.Ed course.
We hope that this article has helped you to know about Bachelor of Education Course. Brainwonders and its team is always here for your help to prosper in your career.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!