MASTERS OF ENGINEERING - ELIGIBILITY, COLLEGES, SYLLABUS, EXAM, JOB, SALARY OFFERED
18 October,2022 | By Brainwonders
A Master of engineering is a graduate degree that students can pursue after earning a bachelor's degree in a related area. It is a full-time postgraduate course with a duration of 2 years that deals with developing and designing various engineering products.
The Master's in engineering syllabus consists of physical configuration, logical structure, protocols, a method to control the setup, operation sequences for processing data, and managing the operations of a computer.
Although M.Tech and ME are postgraduate courses, there is a vast difference between the structure, syllabus, and the subjects taught. So, if you are confused about selecting any of them, then ensure you receive proper guidance. And we at Brainwonders will be thankful to help you out of this situation. So, you can rely on us to remove any doubt.
Before moving further, let us answer the first question which strikes everyone's mind:
Why Masters in Engineering?
- Masters in engineering graduates get a salary hike which is more than an average bachelor of engineering graduate.
- Engineers with an Engineering graduate degree qualify for more upper-level leadership and managerial-level job opportunities.
- Many top recruiters look for Masters's graduates rather than bachelor's because of the more experience they have.
- You become an indispensable part of employees since you have skills in a specific engineering area and can focus on particular coursework.
Who should opt for MEng?
- Students who have a background in the domain of computer science.
- Those were immediate higher studies in the field of Engineering.
- Those who have a career in software development in mind.
Masters in Engineering Highlights:
||Masters in Engineering or ME
|ME full form
||Master in Engineering
|ME Eligibility Criteria
||Candidates should have completed their graduation from a recognized board with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
|ME Admission Process
- Entrance Based
- Merit-Based or Direct Admission
||INR 15,000 to INR 20 lakh
|ME average salary
||INR 1 lakh to INR 18 lakh
||1 to 2 Years
|ME Entrance Exam
- BITS ME
- DASA PG
- SRMJEEE PG
- IIITH PGEE
|List of Popular ME Specialisation
- Masters in Engineering CAD/CAM
- Masters in Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering
- Masters in Engineering in Thermal Engineering
- Masters in Engineering in VLSI Design
- Masters in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering
|Career options after ME
- Mechanical engineer
- Software engineer
- Computer engineer
- Mining engineer
- Instrumentation engineer
- Communication engineer
- Candidates must complete the graduation in Engineering or an equivalent course from a well-recognized university approved by UGC.
- They must have an aggregate of 55% marks in qualifying exams.
- The candidates must have passed their 10 + 2 with PC and subjects and optional subjects such as biotechnology, computer science, etc.
- They must crack the entrance exam or clear the institute's merit exam, followed by an interview round for scanning and selecting the candidates.
How to get admission to a Master's in engineering?
- The merit list of candidates is evaluated in the preliminary process with the help of a document submitted to the college during the time of application.
- The candidate must appear for the written test, followed by an interview round by the college qualifying, which will lead to the final counseling round.
- The entrance exams are mostly conducted in April, May, and June.
- These entrance exams include GATE, BITS ME, DASA PG, SRMJEEE PG, SRMGEET, and IIITH.
- During the counseling process, candidates can choose the college based on their results.
- After selecting the college, the candidates must visit the campus to conduct the admission facilities.
Entrance exams for Master of engineering:
Masters in engineering specialization:
- Master in Engineering in Computer Science Engineering
- Masters in engineering structural Engineering
- Masters in engineering in power electronics and drives
- Masters in engineering in applied electronics
- Master in engineering in embedded systems
- Master in engineering in embedded system technologies
- Masters in engineering in electronics and communication
- Master in engineering and communication systems
- Masters in engineering thermal Engineering
- Masters in engineering in manufacturing engineering
- Master in engineering and power system engineering
- Masters in engineering in engineering design
- Masters in engineering in mechanical engineering
- Masters in engineering and construction Engineering and Management
- Masters in engineering in VLSI design
- Masters in engineering in CAD/CAM
- Masters in engineering in computer engineering
- Masters in engineering and electrical engineering
- Masters in engineering electronics in telecommunication engineering
- Masters in engineering in civil engineering.
Masters in engineering semester-wise syllabus:
Students must study the following subjects and pass them to advance to the next semester.
- Semester 1
- Advanced heat transfer
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Mechanical vibration
- Finite element analysis
- Elective 1
- Laboratory practice 1
- Semester 2
- Optimization techniques
- Instrumentation and automatic control
- Mechanical design analysis
- Advanced fluid mechanics
- Elective 2
- Laboratory practice 2
- Seminar 2
- Semester 3
- Advanced machine design
- Measurement techniques data analysis
- Internal combustion engine
- Analysis and synthesis of the mechanism
- Computer-aided manufacturing
- Theory of elasticity and plasticity
- Semester 4
- Advance robotics
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Process equipment design
- Alternative energy sources
- Design of heat exchanger
- Designs of Pumps and compressor
Skills required by Master of Engineering graduates:
Master of engineering requires the Applying candidates to have the following skills.
- Flexible temperament
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management skills
- Quantitative ability skills
- Logical reasoning skills
If you are unaware of your personality and skills, then you must take the personality test by Brainwonders which will give you a detailed description of your skills matching your persona.
Masters of Engineering colleges in India with fee:
- Anna University - INR 92000
- BITS Pilani - INR 9.73 lakh
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore - INR 3.08 lakh
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, sathyamangalam - INR 35000
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore - INR 1.9 lakh
- Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad - INR 19 lakh
- Shri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore - INR 35000
- Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore - INR 50000
- Priyadarshini Engineering College, Vellore - 25000
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay - INR 50000
- Dr. DY Patil Institute of Technology - INR 2.6 lakh
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad - INR 1.94 lakh
- Manipal Institute of Technology - INR 3.5 lakh
- Jadavpur University - INR 90000
- Chandigarh University - INR 1.6 lakh
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna - INR 60000
- MIT Academy of Engineering, Pune - INR 2.4 lakh
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras - INR 9.1 lakh
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - INR 8.38 lakh
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur - INR 9.1 lakh
- Indian Institute of Science - INR 20000
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering - INR 1.35 lakh
- Adithya Institute of Technology - INR 75000
- Alpha College of Engineering - INR 51000
- Andhra University - INR 52000
Masters in Engineering top colleges abroad with fees structure:
- University of Alberta - INR 15.83 lakh
- University of Windsor - INR 25.89 lakh
- University of Southern California - INR 40.3 lakh
- University of Toronto - INR 46.15 lakh
- University of Waterloo - INR 39.05 lakh
- University of British Columbia - INR 23.47 lakh
- University of Victoria - INR 9.02 lakh
- Memorial University of Newfoundland - INR 12.4 lakh
- Dalhousie university - INR 21.1 lakh
- Georgia Institute of Technology - INR 39.1 lakh
Online Masters in engineering course:
Online Master in English engineering courses is provided on several platforms in India and abroad. These courses generally take around six months to 1 year to complete.
Some of the popular online courses are:
- Project management for construction
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Energy policy
- Online energy and the environment law
- Mechanical engineering
- Computer vision.
Salaries offered for different job roles in Masters in engineering:
- Software engineer - INR 6.85 lakh
- Design engineer - INR 5.9 lakh
- Software developer - INR 6.08 lakh
- Senior software engineer - INR 11.48 lakh
- Civil engineer - INR 4.27 lakh
- Assistant professor, post-secondary or higher education - INR 4.08 lakh
- Structural engineer - INR 5.47 lakh
- Mechanical engineer - INR 8.22 lakh
- Data scientist - INR 10.5 lakh
- Senior Software programmer - INR 11.64 lakh
- Mechanical design engineer - INR 6.35 lakh
- Lead software engineer - INR 16.3 lakh
- Project manager - INR 11.9 lakh
- Electrical engineer - INR 5.93 lakh
- Structural design engineer - INR 5.2 lakh
- Information Technology consultant - INR 8.16 lakh
- Technical architect - INR 11.18 lakh.
Are you confused about selecting a college in India or moving abroad for your studies? If - Yes, then you have landed at the right place. Ping us on our WhatsApp or visit our site, Brainwonders, and we will help you out of this situation.
Top recruiters for Masters in Engineering Graduates:
- Tata Consultancy Service limited
- General Electric Co.
- Robert Bosch
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Mahindra and Mahindra limited
- Tata motors
- Honeywell Technology Solutions
- L & T Limited
Career Options and Job Prospects after Masters in Engineering:
The candidates can apply for various job profiles after completing the Master in Engineering course, such as:
- Data scientist
- Senior software programmer
- Mechanical design engineer
- Software developer
- Senior software engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Structural design engineer
- Information Technology consultant
- Technical architect
- Assistant professor
- Structural engineer
Selecting a branch from many branches of engineering can be terrifying, and it takes lots of perseverance and focus to complete and mastering the specialization you have chosen. If you are doubtful about selecting a specialization course, you can contact us at - 9892710999, from Brainwonders.
Here, you will not only receive the advice you were seeking but will also be comfortable as if you are speaking to your friend.
We hope that this article delivered everything you were wanted to know about master in engineering course. Be patient and think wisely before you are ready to opt this course.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!