LLB: Full form, Course, Eligibility, Colleges, Fee, Salaries
07 November,2022 | By Brainwonders
LLB or Bachelor of Legislative Law is an undergraduate 3-year or 5-year integrated law program. LLB introduces students to the corporate world, legislative, business, and other forms of law.
The work of lawyers is not restricted to the courtrooms. They are also hired by large corporations and private and public agencies to resolve legal matters. LLB is a foundation course that teaches candidates to use their skills proficiently.
Table of Contents:
- Why LLB?
- LLB Highlights
- What is the full form of LLB?
- Top Law Colleges in India Offering LLB
- Types of LLB
- LLB specialisations
- Eligibility criteria for LLB
- LLB Admission Process
- Skills required for LLB
- Top LLB Exams
- DU LLB Syllabus and Marks
- MH CET Syllabus for 3-year LLB program
- Top 10 LLB Colleges According to NIRF ranking
- Top LLB Colleges by States and Locations:
- LLB Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
- LLB Colleges in Punjab
- LLB Colleges in Mumbai
- LLB Colleges in Pune
- LLB Colleges in West Bengal
- LLB Colleges in Gujarat
- LLB Colleges in Karnataka
- Average Fees for LLB programs
- LLB Colleges Overseas with fee structure
- LLB Year-wise Syllabus
- Salary of LLB graduates
- Career Opportunities after LLB
- Top Companies Employing LLB Graduate
- Scope for Higher Education after LLB
- LLB FAQs
- LLB provides a strong foundation for a lucrative career option with elaborative and exhaustive theoretical knowledge of the law.
- The skills learned in the LLB field can also be used in other sectors. It also opens various educational options which can be pursued later by students.
- LLB gives candidates a chance to earn INR 1 lakh in every court hearing, which is truly formidable.
- LLB also tests critical skills, which help you understand your client's situation.
- LLB trains students to get the desired outcome for their clients by following legal procedures.
- LLB is a proficient profession that provides prestige and respect in society.
- LLB allows the candidates to be aware of their rights and duties as citizens of a Nation.
- LLB provides an opportunity to have flexible working hours, and every word of a lawyer is taken seriously.
||Bachelor of Laws (Legum Baccalaureus)
||No age limit
||45% in Bachelor’s Degree from any discipline
|Average Fees per annum
||INR 1 lakh to 3 lakh
|Similar Options of Study
||5 years of LLB
||INR 2 lakh to 7 lakh
||Legal manager, attorney, lawyer, General Counsel, Public prosecutor, legal affairs manager, legal officer, legal assistant, paralegal, legal advisor, etc.
** Take the interest-aptitude test with Brainwonders and find the right choice.
What is LLB Full Form?
The complete form of LLB is Bachelor of Legislative Law. LLB stands for Legum Baccalaureus. LLB can be pursued by candidates who are interested in law and have completed their graduation in any discipline.
LLB Course is of two types depending upon the duration:
- 3-year LLB program.
- 5-year integrated Law program.
The 3-year Bachelor of Legislative program is divided into six Semesters. Students also gave to take internships and training programs at Law firms, corporate organizations, and courts to gain real-life experience in the legal profession.
** Also find the full form of MBBS with Brainwonders.
Top Law Colleges in India Offering LLB:
- UPES Dehradun
- Lovely Professional University Jalandhar
- SRM University Chennai
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon
- Chandigarh University
- BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Manipal University
- GNA University
- MSRIT Bangalore
- United College of Engineering and Management, Allahabad
**Check out the list of top 20 Universities and find whether yours is on the list.
** Also read about Bachelor of Mass Communication.
Types of LLB:
Before the 5-year LLB program came into existence, the 3-year LLB program was the only option by default for the aspirants.
But ever since the five-year integrated LLB program came into force, it has been gaining acceptance widely.
In some Overseas countries, such as the UK, a four-year LLB program also exists.
Students can also choose from the following LLB subject specializations offered:
Which is a better course - a 3-Year LLB or a 5-year integrated LLB?
The 5-Year integrated LLB program is suitable for those students who are sure to make a career in law. It also saves one year of study in LLB programs and offers the same educational merit.
The 3-Year LLB program is suitable for those candidates who want experience but are unsure about pursuing the law.
Eligibility Criteria for LLB:
The eligibility criteria for LLB programs vary across different colleges.
- LLB courses are offered after graduation, so interested candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized college or university.
- The minimum aggregate of the candidates in exams must be 45% to 50%. Some colleges provide additional relaxation of 5% for reserved category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit for the course.
- Students in the final year of graduation can also apply for the course. However, the final decision will be made after the declaration of the results.
Take an IQ Test by Brainwonders and find your probability of scoring high.
LLB Admission Process:
The admission process for LLB programs can be done based on the entrance exam scores of PU LLB, DU LLB, and MH CET or by the scores of qualifying exams.
- Apply for the exam based on the desired college for admission.
- Please wait for the results and merit lists to be released.
- Prepare for counselling and seat allotment.
- For Direct Admission, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria set by the universities, which generally require minimum marks and qualifying exam marks.
Skills required for LLB:
- Commercial Awareness
- Communication skills
- Self Confidence and Resilience
- Eye for detail
- Academic Potential
- Holding patience
- Time management
- Legal research and analysis
Top LLb Exams:
The exams for LLB programs are conducted at the state and national levels. Aspirants can take the National level exams from all over the country. In contrast, the state-level exams are only given by the candidates of the conducting states.
Top LLB Entrance Exams and the Conducting Bodies for the 3-Year LLB program include:
- DU LLB - National Testing Agency on behalf of the Faculty of Law
- BVP CET Law - Bharti Vidyapeeth Law College
- LPU NEST - Lovely Professional University
- MH CET (for 3-year LLB program) - Dr Ambedkar College of Law
- BHU UET - Banaras Hindu University
- LAT - Allahabad University
DU LLB Syllabus and Marks:
|English Language Comprehension
- Unseen Passages
- Grammar and Comprehension
- Antonyms and synonyms
- One word substitution
- Sentence and word correction
- Spell checks
- Logical reasoning
- Analytical reasoning
- Number system
- Percentage and average
- Profit and loss
- Time, speed, and distance
- Area and mensuration
- Venn diagram
- People, work, and time
- Blood relations
- Sets, missing numbers, and series
- Statistical graphs
|Legal Awareness and Aptitude
- Legal Propositions
- Legal maxims
- Bare acts of Indian constitution
- Static general knowledge
- Current affairs
MH CET Syllabus for 3-Year LLB Program:
|Legal Aptitude and legal reasoning
- Indian Politics
- Law Prepositions with facts
|General knowledge with Current affairs
- Geography (upto class 12th)
- Latest rules and amendments
- Current affairs
|Logical and analytical reasoning
- Completing arguments
- Drawing well-supported conclusion
- Reasoning by analogy
- Applying principles
- Sets and statements
- Blood relation
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution
- Sentence improvement and rearrangement
- Fill in the blanks
Top 10 LLB Colleges According to NIRF ranking:
- National Law School of India, Bangalore
- National Law University, New Delhi
- Nalsar University of Law
- IIT Kharagpur
- National Law University, Rajasthan
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences
- Gujarat National Law University
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- JMI, New Delhi
Top LLB Colleges by States and Locations:
LLB Colleges in Uttar Pradesh:
- IMS Noida
- Faculty of Law University of Allahabad
- Banaras Hindu University
- Meerut College
- MMH College, Ghaziabad
LLB Colleges in Punjab:
- Lovely Professional University
- Guru Nanak Dev University Regional Campus
- Chandigarh University
- Khalsa College of Law
- Punjabi University, Patiala
LLB College in Mumbai:
- Government Law College
- Rizvi Law College
- Dr DY Patil College of Law
- Dr Ambedkar College of Law
- Pravin Gandhi College of Law
LLB Colleges in Pune:
- Symbiosis Law School
- Indian Law Society Law College
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University New Law College
- Yashwantrao Chavan Law College
LLB Colleges in West Bengal:
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Legal Studies, Darjeeling
- Kingston Law College
- Burdwan University
LLB Colleges in Gujarat:
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Mahamandleshwar Shri Krishnan Ji Law College, Bharuch
- IM Nanavati Law College, Ahmedabad
- Siddharth Law College
- Anand Law College
LLB Colleges in Karnataka:
- CMR University of Legal Studies
- KLE's Society Law College
- IFIM Bangalore
- BMS Law College
- Dr Ambedkar College of Law
Average Fees for LLB Programs:
The average course fee of LLB programs is generally between 1 lakh to 2 lakh per annum. However, this course fee varies for different universities.
LLB Colleges Overseas with fee structure:
- Harvard University - USD 66k
- University of Oxford - GBP 32k
- University of Cambridge - GBP 21k
- Yale University - USD 66k
- Stanford University - USD 20k
LLB Year-wise Syllabus:
Every LLB student has to study the following subjects in three year LLB program:
|First-Year LLB Syllabus
- Labour Law
- Contractual Law
- International Economics Law
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Tort and Consumer Protection Act
- Family Law
- Professional Ethics
- Women and Law
|Second-Year LLB Syllabus
- Environmental Law
- Property Law and Transfer of Property Act
- Human Rights and International Law
- Law of Insurance
- Comparative Law
- Arbitration, Conciliation, and Alternative
- Law of Evidence
- Intellectual Property Law
|Third-Year LLB Syllabus
- Training in Moot Court
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Training in Drafting
- Legal Writing
- Civil Procedure Court
- Administrative Law
- Law of Taxation
- Interpretation of Statues
- Land Laws including Ceiling and Other Local News
- Banking Law and Negotiable Instruments Act
- Cooperative Law
Salary of LLB Graduates:
The average salary range of LLB programs lies between INR 2 lakh to INR 7 lakh. This salary can increase based on the experience and expertise of the candidates.
Career Opportunities after LLB:
Students can find various job opportunities under the titles of:
- Business Consultant
- Human Resource Manager
- Assistant Advisor
- Attorney General
- Deputy Legal Journal
Top Companies Employing LLB Graduates:
- Kirkland and Ellis LLP
- AZB & Partners
- Khaitan and Co
- J Sagar Associates
- Luthra and Luthra
- Toys R Us
Scope for Higher Education After LLB:
The scope of LLB in India is vast. This course offers various job opportunities with great chances of upgrading at each step.
Students can pursue a job after LLB, or they can continue their studies in the following courses:
- PhD in Law
- M.Phil in Law
- Certification Course in Labour Law and Administrative Law
1. Is it compulsory to take the AIBE Exam to practice Law in India?
Ans: Yes, it is mandatory to take the AIBE exam to practice Law in India.
2. Can LLB be pursued through a Distance Education program?
Ans: No, the Bar Council of India inhibits LLB through a distance education program.
3. What are the four types of laws?
Ans: The four types of laws are common, civil, criminal, and statute.
4. Can I pursue LLB through IGNOU?
Ans: No, IGNOU does not offer an LLB program.
We hope that this article has helped you to know everything about the LLB program.
If you are interested to know more about this program then make sure you visit Brainwonders which is India's largest Career counselling company.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!