Tourism: Courses, Eligibility, After 12th Courses, Colleges, Jobs, and Salaries
01 January,2023 | By Brainwonders
Tourism is a part of the hospitality industry, and a course in tourism management prepares the candidate for a management position in the food, accommodation, and tourism industry.
The course is operated at every level from Bachelor to Diploma and doctorate.
Students can also choose courses such as adventure tourism, air ticketing, Agri tourism, rural tourism, travel management, and hospitality management.
The average growth rate of foreign tourist arrival in India is 15%, and it is escalating rapidly, opening a number of job opportunities for candidates preparing for the Tourism courses.
It is also estimated that this industry will create over 45 million jobs in India by 2025.
Visit Brainwonders and apply for a scheduled career counselling call with our experts.
Tourism Management Courses after the 12th are presented in the following format:
- Bachelor's degree courses
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
- PG degree courses
- PG diploma courses
- Certificate courses.
Common Exams for Tourism Management Courses:
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
- IATA Entrance Exam
- Open Management Entrance Test
- Aims Test for Management Admission.
List of Online Courses in Travel and Tourism:
- Applied Travel and Tourism
- Basics of Travel Consultancy
- Fundamentals of Tourism
- Life Beyond Tourism Travel to Dialogue
- Travel Management Course
- 30 Smart Marketing Tips for your Tourism Business
- Family Tourism
- Principal Amenities for the Luxury Traveller
Tourism Management Subjects:
- Communication skills for customer service
- Economics of tourism
- Fares and Ticketing
- Indian tourist attractions
- Principles of management
- The final project
- Tourism operations
- Tourism planning
- Introduction to tourism organisations
- Marketing tourism
- Research methodology and written analysis
- Information technology
- Indian heritage
- Financial management
- Human resource development
** Also read about B. Pharma subjects
Skills Required in Tourism Industry:
- Communication skills
- Management skills
- Travel agency training
- Tour guiding skills
- Computer utilisation and application skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
Tourism Management Certificate Courses:
Certainly, programs are helpful to students as they bring much-needed expertise and leadership to students who want to be experts in the Tourism industry.
Eligibility for Tourism Management Certificate Course:
- Students must have an aggregate of 50% marks in class 12th to pursue a certificate course in tourism management.
- The course is available in both online and offline modes.
- This course teaches the candidates about marketing, service quality, and the globalisation of the tourism industry.
- The candidates can also take this course to have an opportunity to work on real consultancy projects.
- The average course fee of a tourism management certificate course ranges from INR 5k to INR 1.5 lakh.
- The average salary of a student who has completed a tourism management certification can be expected to be INR 3.45 lakh per annum.
Top Career Option after completing tourism-management Course:
Top Offline Tourism Management Certificate Courses:
||Average Course Fee
|Certificate Course in Tourism and Travel Management
||2 weeks to 3 months
||INR 5k to INR 1.5 lakh
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- SRM University
Admission Process for Tourism Management Certificate Courses:
- Admissions into certificate courses are based on merits.
- The candidates must apply through the official website of the institute online.
- The candidates will be selected based on class 12th marks.
Top Institutes For Tourism Management Certificate Courses with fee structure:
- Jamia Millia Islamia - INR 7.2k
- Mumbai University - INR 5k
- Sri Venkateswara College - INR 50k
- Kalindi College - INR 20k
Some Other Certificate Courses in Tourism Management are mentioned below:
- Certificate in aviation, Hospitality, and travel and tourism management
- Certificate in tourism and travel management
Tourism Management Diploma Courses:
- A diploma in Tourism Management course is pursued after class 12th and is a 6-month to the 1-year course.
- The average fee of a diploma course in tourism management ranges from INR 15k to INR 2.7 lakh.
- PG Diploma in tourism management is a 1-2 year program students pursue after graduation.
- The average fees for a PG Diploma Course in Tourism Management range from INR 50000 to INR 2.7 lakh.
- The average salary expected after diploma courses is around INR 2 lakh to INR 5 lakh per annum.
Top Tourism Management Diploma Courses and Institutes Providing them:
||Average Course Fee
|Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management
||6 months - 1 Year
||INR 15k to INR 2.7 lakh
||University of Mumbai Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management
|PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
||1 - 2 Years
||INR 50000 - INR 1 lakh
||NIMS University Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism
Some Other Diploma Courses after class 12th are mentioned below:
- Diploma in airline and tourism management
- Diploma in aviation, Hospitality and tourism.
- Diploma in airlines, tourism and Hospitality
- Diploma in travel management and airport handling
- PG diploma in hotel and tourism management
**Read about Masters in Education Course
Admission Process for Diploma Courses in Tourism Management:
- Admission into the Diploma and PG Diploma Courses is based on the Entrance Exams.
- The candidates can apply to the courses through the institute's official website.
- The entrance exam scores select the candidates.
- Group discussions and personal interviews follow the Entrance exams.
Top Institutes For Diploma Tourism Management Courses with fee structure:
- Andhra Pradesh - INR 5k
- Amity University - INR 60k
- Mumbai University - INR 45k
- Garware Institute of Career Education and Development - INR 52k
- Acharya Nagarjuna University - INR 5420
- NIMS University - INR 75k
Bachelor Tourism Management Course:
Bachelor Course in Tourism Management is a 3-year undergraduate course pursued after class 12th.
- The students must have an aggregate of 50% marks in the class 12th exams.
- English must be a compulsory subject in class 12th.
- Students are taught various topics related to transport management, tourism documentation, management principles, HRM in tourism, tourism administration, etc.
- The average course fee for Bachelor in tourism Management courses is from INR 2k to INR 5 lakh.
- The average salary after this course ranges from INR 4 lakh to INR 10 lakh per annum.
Top Bachelor Tourism Management Courses:
||Average Course Fee
|Bachelors in Tourism Management (BTM) Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM)
||INR 2k to INR 5 lakh
- Chandigarh University
- Lovely Professional University
|BBA Tourism and Travel Management
||INR 50k to INR 2.5 lakh
- Christ University
- University of Lucknow
|BSc in Tourism and Travel Management
|BSc in Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality
||Lovely Professional University
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management
||INR 40k to INR 2 lakh
- Assam Down Town University
- Gulzar Group of Institutes
- NIMS University
- Ludhiana Group of Colleges
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges
Some other bachelor courses and travel and tourism management after class 12th are:
- BA - Tourism Studies
- BA - Tourism Administration
- BA - Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies
- B.Com - Tourism and Travel Management
Admission Process for Bachelor of Tourism Management Courses:
- Admission into bachelor courses is based on merit or entrance examination.
- In direct admission to colleges, mark sheets of previous qualifications are mandatory.
- Some universities conduct their entrance exam, whereas others are held at the National level, such as NCHMCT JEE, AIMA UGAT, etc.
- The selection is then based on the scores secured in these exams.
Some of the Entrance Exams for admission into Bachelor of Tourism Management Courses are:
Conducting body of AIMA UGAT: All India Management Association.
Level of Exam: National Level
Conducted for: Admissions into BBA, BCA, Integrated MBA, etc.
Conducting body of NCHMCT JEE: National Testing Agency.
Level of Exam: National Level
Conducted for: Admissions into Hospitality and Hotel Management Courses.
Top Institutes For Bachelor of Tourism Management Courses with fee structure:
- Lovely Professional University - INR 1.09 lakh
- Chandigarh University - INR 70000
- Guru Nanak Dev University - INR 50k
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - INR 65k
- National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management - INR 1.19 lakh
- Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management - INR 1.16 lakh
- Prestige Institute of Management - INR 60k
- Mahatma Gandhi University - INR 3280
- Jagannath Institute of Management Science - INR 1.2 lakh
Master in Tourism Management Courses:
- Mastering tourism management is a 2 Year program pursued after completing a bachelor's course.
- Master's degrees in tourism management are MBA, MA, and MTM.
- The minimum eligibility required is 50% aggregate in graduation.
- The average course fee is from INR 3K to INR 12 lakh.
- After completion of a tourism management course, the average salary is INR 5 lakh to INR 1200000 per annum.
Top Master Tourism Management Courses and Institutes Providing them:
||Average Course Fee
|MBA in Travel and Tourism
||INR 3000 to INR 12 lakh
||Universal Business School Kerala Institute of Tourism and Travel studies
|MA in Tourism Management
||INR 3000 to INR 12000
- Sikkim University
- GD Goenka University
|Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
||INR 3000 to INR 2.5 lakh
- Xavier College of Hotel Management
- Cuttack Indian School of Business Management and Administration
- Amity University
||INR 2.57 lakh
|MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management
||INR 1.4 lakh
Admission Process for Masters in Tourism Management Courses:
- Admission for Masters in tourism Management courses is based on entrance examinations.
- Some universities conduct their entrance exam, while others are conducted nationally, such as CAT, CMAT, etc.
- The candidates who have cleared the cutoff apply for admission when the colleges open their admission windows.
- A personal interview for final selection follows the entrance exam.
An explanation of Entrance Exams for Master in Tourism Management Courses is mentioned below:
Full form: Common Aptitude Test
Conducting body: IIMs
Conducted for: Admissions into the MBA course by Management Institutes.
Full form: Management Aptitude Test
Conducting body: All India Management Association
Frequency of exam: Four (February, May, September, December)
Conducted for: Admission into MBA and PGDM institutes.
Best Countries to Pursue a Master in Tourism Management:
- The United States
- The Netherlands
Top Institutes For Master Courses in Tourism Management with fee structure:
- Jamia Millia Islamia - INR 40k
- Banaras Hindu University - INR 60k
- Amity University - INR 1.5 lakh
- Lovely Professional University - INR 2.32 lakh
- Chandigarh University - INR 1.6 lakh
- Cochin University of Science and Technology - INR 32k
- National Institute of Tourism and Hospital Management - INR 1.34 lakh
- Mahatma Gandhi University - INR 27k
Doctorate Tourism Management Courses:
- The Doctoral course for tourism management lasts for 3 to 5 years and is pursued after the Master's course.
- Doctor courses are based on research where students must choose the topic and do their thesis work to earn credits.
- The average post-free of doctor tourism management course is from INR 10k to INR 1 lakh.
- The average salary of doctrine is from INR 10 lakh to INR 15 lakh per annum.
Top Doctorate Tourism Management Courses:
|M. Phil in Tourism
||INR 10k to INR 20k
- Christ University
- Bundelkhand University
|PhD in Tourism Management
||3 - 5 years
||INR 10k to INR 1 lakh
- Christ University
- Amity University
Admission Process for Doctorate in Tourism Management Courses:
- Admission to doctorate courses is based on entrance examinations conducted twice a year.
- Students who have completed their Master's or M.Phil can apply for the exam.
- The M.Phil or NETvholders will be exempted.
Top Institutes Providing Doctorate Tourism Management Courses with fee structure:
- Jamia Millia Islamia - INR 23000
- Banaras Hindu University - INR 39k
- Amity University - INR 1 lakh
- Chandigarh University - INR 50k
- Pondicherry University - INR 23k
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University - INR 10000
- Maharshi Dayanand University - INR 6k
- Christ University - INR 35000
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University - INR 16000
- Sikkim University - INR 19k
Job Prospects, Descriptions, and Salaries offered:
Tour operators are responsible for marketing, making reservations, and handling actual operations.
Salary of tour operators: INR 3.3 lakh
A travel agent is responsible for booking travel and planning, including transportation tickets, reserving accommodations, renting cars, etc.
Salary of a travel agent: INR 2.92 lakh
Travel agency managers are responsible for planning, organising, and directing the control of travel agencies. They also supervise and hire the staff.
Salary of a travel agency manager: INR 3.8 lakh
Account and Sales Manager:
Accountant sales managers are responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with customers so that they continue to buy the products from them.
Salary of accounts and sales manager: INR 7.8 lakh
They XX mediators between the company and customer to ensure service standards are met.
Salary of a guest relations manager: INR 3.61 lakh
Job Profiles In Tourism:
- Assistant Manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Front office manager
- Human resource manager
- Travel photographer
- Hotel Manager
- General Manager
- Travel writer
- Event organiser
- Travel agent
- Group travel facilitator
1. What are the benefits of studying tourism?
Ans: Tourism teaches students about business management, marketing fundamentals, human resources, and other skills that can be applied to various careers.
2. What is the scope of Tourism in India?
Ans: The scope of careers in tourism is increasing rapidly as most of our country's economy is dependent on it. Moreover, it is expected that by 2025 around 40 million more jobs will be included in the tourism sector.
3. Differentiate between Hospitality Management and tourism management.
Ans: The hospitality Management course focuses on customer service in hotels and restaurants, whereas is tourism management course is on travel and how to make travellers feel comfortable.
4. Does Tourism Studies have mathematics?
Ans: Yes, some of the mathematical applications are applied in tourism to see the growth and decrease of tourists and to maintain the total expenditure of the clients.
We hope that this aticle has helped you. However, we from Brainwonders are here to solve your career-related doubts.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!