Board Exams : Why Do Students Feel Stressed Even After Board Exams?
30 September,2020 | By Brainwonders
Board Exams are over for almost all the classes. Now the wait begins for the results. Even now we would find students being stressed – stressed about the new course or stream to be selected in the next class.
Stress is the body’s natural response to challenges. The pressure on teenagers to achieve high levels of academic success is overriding the joys of education and making them anxious and depressed.
When a student experiences high levels of stress, it can adversely affect his/ her ability to learn, memorize, and earn good grades. It also results in poor physical, emotional and mental health. So, students and their parents should be aware about factors which may trigger stress.
- Stress about the Board exam results: Too much of stress becomes a matter of concern. Fear of failure causes anxiety among students which has substantial negative effects on their academic and social success.
- Parental pressure: Parents indulge their children into high expectations and continuous comparisons with their friends and classmates specially about taking further steps after the board exams are over, which may lead to disastrous consequences regarding the overall health and growth of the child.
- Parents turning children as tools for realising their unfulfilled dreams: It is the dream of parents to see their child excel in everything. In the process, the parents begin to slowly put pressure on the children to aim higher each time – be it studies or any other activity.
- Role of peers as stress-buster is unavailable today: One of the key issues that surfaced was students’ growing intimacy with computers. The children stay mainly confined to their computers, due to which interaction among students is diminishing. The troubles that earlier could have been solved through chatting with friends now stay within themselves, which then slowly grow into bigger problems.
- Societal and peer pressure: Societal and peer pressure may lead to immense stress to the students, disturbing their academics and personal life. It’s important to understand that every child is unique in some way or the other and it is about identifying the traits and developing them with full support.
- Stress over career prospects: It’s the time when students have to start thinking about what kind of career they want to pursue. They also have to plan the career path for which they need to work on the required stream, best colleges, vocational trainings, etc. Sometimes thinking too much about the future concerns can turn into stress which comes with its own side effects.
- Incompatibility between mental and physical developmental changes: The students undergo physical and mental development during their school and college period, some students may find their mental development being incompatible with their physical development, or for that matter mental development being incompatible with their social surroundings. Hence, they begin to suffer from problems of internal mismatch that come up due to inadequate adaptations.
Most of the students feel nervous and stressed even after board exams are over, however this is normal and a little bit of stress can actually help you to get motivated for dealing with problems and pressure. But too much of stress becomes a matter of concern.
To avoid the stress related to various careers, it is advisable that students opt for a Dermatoglyphics Multiple Intelligence Test (DMIT)/ Aptitude test after their Board exams are over to facilitate relaxation and take effective and stress-free methods towards achieving their goal.
Brainwonders offers Dermatoglyphics Multiple Intelligence Test, Career Counselling, Psychometric Test, Online Aptitude Test, Online IQ Test, Psychometric Personality Test.
For more details you can email to: [email protected]
Contact us: 022 4016 3399, 9987422220.
Want To Crack The Toughest Exam!
Fill the form to know how!