Masters of Technology (M Tech): Eligibility, Courses, Fees, Colleges, Scope, Job Opportunities
15 October,2022 | By Brainwonders
Masters of Technology (M Tech) is a professional postgraduate engineering master's degree program awarded to candidates after completion of 2 years of study in the discipline of Engineering.
The degree is offered across various specializations and MTech branches such as Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, civil engineering, and many more.
Mtech courses in India are under the patronage of the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Let us know more about MTech in this article. But before that,
- Pursuing M.Tech after completing a degree in B.Tech allows students to get hired by reputed companies and earn handsome salaries as compared to students getting a job after graduation in engineering.
- Multinational Companies like Google and Microsoft also prefer candidates with an M.Tech degree.
- Candidates with M.Tech degrees can also apply for IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other engineering institutes.
- This course trains students with various skills in diverse fields and enhances their analytical and logical reasoning.
Get Career Counselling from Experts
M Tech Course Highlights:
||2 years (4 semesters)
||INR 50,000 to INR 2 lakh
||Must graduate in B.Tech/BE from a recognised Institute
- AP PGECET
- BHU PET
- M.Tech Entrance Exam
||Merit-Based, Entrance Exam
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories and economically weaker sections are eligible for state government scholarship schemes.
- Deemed or private universities offer merit scholarships (based on marks in entrance exam or graduation).
||There are a lot of internship opportunities for M.Tech in India
||INR 3 lakh to INR 6 lakh per annum
- Senior Engineer
- Project Manager
- Technical Consultant
- Account Manager
- Technical Program Leader, etc.
- The minimum eligibility required is 50% aggregate marks in a B.Tech degree passed in a relevant discipline from a recognized college.
- They must also appear for national and University-level exams such as GATE, TANCET, etc.
- Candidates who have completed a five-year program in Science are applied sciences resulting in the word of a master of science degree, are also eligible for a master of engineering course.
Visit Page:Online Career Counselling & Career Guidance | Best Career Counsellors – Brainwonders.
Every individual possesses several soft skills required in every field of life. However, jobs demand a particular type of skill that will be able to provide the output as needed. And, Here in this article, we are discussing MTech, so here are the necessary skills to pursue this course:
- Able to communicate verbally and in written form
- Knowledge of the subject studied in b.tech
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Commitment and desire to learn
- Attention to details
- Acquaintance with industry standards
- Multifaceted exposure
- Leadership and management skills
- Acquaintance with computers and IT
- Giving and receiving feedback.
Take the DMIT test by Brainwonders and learn everything about yourself without having to answer any questions. Just one fingerprint, and it is all done.
Confused what to do next? Consult our Experts
M.Tech Entrance exams:
To get admission into the desired University, you need to crack the following exams with high scores:
- AP PGECET
- TS PGECET
- Karnataka PGCET
M Tech Admission Process:
- The graduation School is taken into account by colleges that provide MTech Merit-Based based admissions.
- Science students are eligible for MTech programs.
- Candidates must fill up an online application form to apply for admissions granting universities.
- Pay the application fee and turn in the relevant paperwork.
- Check the cutoffs for your institution or university.
Find out: The scope of Sociology in India.
- A few colleges and states provide university and state-level entrance exams for admission into the MTech program.
- GATE exam WBUT PGET, and other entrance tests are some of the MTech entrance exams.
Specialization in M.Tech:
A course encompasses several branches from which students can select anyone for their career and can proceed with their studies. These branches include the following specializations:
Unsure which stream and subjects are right for you?
MTech Top colleges with annual fees:
We have compiled some of the best colleges with their average annual fees for MTech. These are:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi - INR 1.32 lakh
- Parul University, Vadodara - INR 96,000
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai - INR 73,750
- BITS Pilani, Pilani - INR 5.12 lakh
- Jai Narain College of Technology, Bhopal - INR 60,000
- College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai - INR 50,000
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai - INR 70,750
- Jadavpur University - INR 24,000
- Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad - INR 93570
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela - INR 160,500
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore - INR 1.53 lakh
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur, Howrah - INR 81,500
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna - INR 43000
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala - INR 2.09 lakh
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal - INR 75000
- Indian Institute of Science Space and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram - INR 90900
- Institute of Technical Education and Research, Bhubaneswar - INR 1.5 lakh
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - INR 2.4 lakh
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi - INR 1.66 lakh
MTech distance learning programs:
M Tech distance education program is a two-year postgraduate program for students to take online lessons, which provides in-depth knowledge of the disciplines that students have learned in their bachelor's degree. Admission to distance m.tech programs is also made based on the entrance exam depending upon the University, and the average cost of distance education is less than the classroom courses.
Know More About: DISCOVER YOUR INNER SELF THROUGH AN ONLINE PERSONALITY TEST
- Annamalai University - INR 37000
- Amity University - INR 10000
- Indira Gandhi National Open University - INR 39000
- Karnataka open University - INR 25000
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology - INR 45000
- Mahatma Gandhi University - INR 75000
- Indian Institute of knowledge management - INR 25000
- SSK college - INR 35000
- Excel College of Higher Education - INR 70000
- Ethics Institute of Management and Technology - INR 85000
Are you unclear whether you must go for a classroom degree or an online one? If - Yes, then you probably are looking for someone to guide you and lead you to the right path. Isn't it?
Well, I must say that today is your lucky day since you found us because we at Brainwonders specialize in solving the career and course-related doubts. If you want to alleviate your tension, then you must try having a chat with the best of our experts at - +91 9987766531
M.Tech Colleges Overseas with fee:
- Harvard University - INR 42 lakh
- University of California - INR 56 lakh
- Princeton University - INR 91 lakh
- Stanford University - INR 57 lakh
- Imperial College London - INR 34 lakh
- University of Cambridge - INR 32 lakh
- University of Southampton - INR 24 lakh
- University of Oxford - INR 24 lakh
- University of Sydney - INR 23 lakh
- University of Western Australia - INR 20 lakh
Get your Career Queries Solved
M.Tech Semester wise syllabus:
- Computer Networks
- Advance in OS
- Advanced Database Management System
- Computer System Performance Analysis
- Computer Fundamentals and Introduction to C Programming
- Elective 1
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Formal Models in Computer Science
- Advanced Algorithm
- Elective 2
- Project Phase - I
- Information Security
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Project Phase - II
- Evaluation of Project Phase - I
- Embedded Systems
- Project Work Evaluation and Viva-Voce
- Optical Networks
- Advances in DIP
- Computer graphics and Visualisation
Job Positions and Salary per annum:
- Computer science engineer - INR 6.6 lakh
- Assistant engineer - INR 4.14 lakh
- Executive engineer - INR 6.19 lakh
- Software engineer - INR 5.8 lakh
- Mechanical engineer - INR 3.5 lakh
- Electronics engineer - INR 4.06 lakh
- Mining engineer - INR 5.2 lakh
- Electronics and communication engineers - INR 3 lakh
Click Here to seek Online Career Guidance
Top recruiting companies:
- National Institute of Plant Genome Research
- Goldman Sachs
- Infosys Technologies
- Mahindra and Mahindra limited
- Rubric and uber
- McKinsey knowledge centre
- IBM Global Services
- Accenture services
- Morgan Stanley
- HCL Technologies
- ITC Limited
- Triveni turbine limited
Many students are confused between MTech and ME because both are postgraduate degrees. However, they differ in the syllabus, practicals, and course material. So it is better to resolve all your doubts before selecting a postgraduate degree as you won't have any turning options later on.
Visit Page: Brainwonders DMIT test || Fingerprint to know about your hidden potentials.
And if you are looking for a guide who can pay a successful roadmap for you, then you have probably landed at the right place because we - the counselors at Brainwonders have made an oath to resolve every career-related doubt of a teenager or a college goer. You can set an appointment with us, and we will provide you with the best advice aligned with your interests.
1. What is the basic difference between ME and MTech?
Ans: The key difference between ME and MTech is their practical impact, course material, and orientation.
2. What are the job opportunities after M.Tech?
Ans: Candidates can work as a teacher in engineering colleges, start their own firm, can go for research works, etc.
3. What is the best career option after MTech in CSE?
Ans: The candidates can find jobs in private and public sector firms. They can find a lot of job openings in the software sectors.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!