M Pharma: Full form, Course, Eligibility, Admission Process, Colleges, Salary, Scope
14 November,2022 | By Brainwonders
MPharm stands for Master Of Pharmacy. It is a two-year post-graduate course on pharmaceutical sciences that studies drugs and medicines. It helps the students to gain academic qualifications and strong analytical skills to work in a practical field. Therefore, this course is also highly pursued by students.
The MPharm course is divided into four semesters depending on different subjects like Modern Pharmaceutics, Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques, Computer-Aided Drug Delivery Systems, Cosmetic and Cosmeceuticals, etc.
MPharm provides various job roles like Regulatory Research Associate, Intellectual Property Analyst, Quality Control Manager, Research Scientist, etc., with an average salary ranging from INR 3 LPA to INR 10 LPA.
Top companies recruiting M Pharm graduates include Cipla, Lupin, Biocon, Wockhardt, Aurobindo, Dr Reddy's Laboratories, Novozymes, etc.
Table of Contents:
- Master of Pharmacy Highlights
- Why M Pharma?
- M Pharm: Quick Facts
- Types of Pharmacy
- M Pharm Eligibility Criteria
- M Pharm Admission Process
- M Pharm Merit-Based Admission Process
- Skills required for M Pharma
- M Pharm Entrance Exams
- Entrance exam tips for M Pharma
- M Pharm Subjects and Topics Taught
- M Pharm Semester-wise Syllabus
- M Pharm: Pedagogy
- M Pharm Distance Education
- M Pharm Top In India According to NIRF ranking with fee structure
- M Pharm College Comparison
- M Pharm Abroad Study
- M Pharm Specialisations, Average Fees, and Average Salaries offered
- M Pharm job Prospects, Descriptions, and Salaries offered
- M Pharm Top Recruiters
- M Pharm Employment Areas
- M Pharm Scope
- M Pharm FAQs
Master of Pharmacy Highlights:
||Master of Pharmacy
||INR 90k to INR 6 lakh
||Drug inspector, pharmacist, chemist, biochemist, toxicologist
||INR 2.4 lakh to INR 4.8 lakh
Why M Pharma?
- The Pharmacy offers various job opportunities in the hospital and retail industries.
- Pharmacists can also work in academics and impact the knowledge of students.
- M Pharma also provides an opportunity for students to work in Medical Research and formulate new medicines for the industry.
- M pharma degree gives good money and tremendous career growth with flexible work timing.
- The demand for M Pharm graduates is increasing throughout the world because new diseases and their cures evolve every day.
- Pharmacy improves the outcome with the knowledge which reduces the prescription cause for patients.
M Pharm: Quick Facts
- India has 1508 M pharm colleges which teach specialised courses like pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmaceutical analysis, and quality assurance.
- M Pharm course is divided into four semesters on different subjects like modern pharmaceutics, modern pharmaceutical analytical techniques, Computer-aided Drug Delivery Systems, etc.
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is the primary national-level entrance test for M Pharm.
- M Pharm provides various job roles like regulatory research associate, intellectual property analyst, quality control manager, etc.
Types of Pharmacy:
There are many different types of Pharmacy where students. This includes:
- Community pharmacy
- Hospital pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Compounding pharmacy
- Consulting pharmacy
- Ambulatory care pharmacy
- Regulatory Pharmacy
- Home care pharmacy
M Pharm Eligibility Criteria:
- Students should have a minimum of 50% marks in Bachelor of Pharmacy from an approved college or University.
- Students must have a valid score on GPAT or any other national-level exam.
M Pharm Admission Process:
- Students must take the GPAT exam and should qualify for the test with an average score. The exam is followed by a counselling process through which students can get direct admission to top M Pharm colleges.
- If the student cannot appear for GPAT entrance, they can select the colleges based on their choice and fill out the application form provided on respective websites.
- After giving the exams, a cut-off list is generated for every college and to secure the seeds in colleges, the student's scores must exceed the cut-off marks.
M Pharm Merit-Based Admission Process:
- Admission to M farm on merit requires a decent percentage of the undergraduate degree.
- The candidates must have an entrance exam score card which must be valid.
- Every candidate must appear for counselling rounds, followed by personal interview rounds.
- The candidates are selected on an overall judgment based on the scores as well as on the interviews.
Skills Required for M Pharm:
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Soft skills, including written and verbal communication
- OrganisationalOrganisational and disciplinary skills
- Corporations among peer groups
- Knowledge about chemical entities
- Ability to handle pressure
- Medical writing and ethics
- Marketing skills
- Strategic thinking
Take a personality test by Brainwonders and know your right skill sets.
M Pharm Entrance Exams:
- GPAT conducted by NTA
- NIPER JEE conducted by NIPER
- AP PGECET conducted by Andhra University
- TANCET conducted by Andhra University
- TS PGECET conducted by Osmania University
- AU AIMEE conducted by Annamalai University
- HP CET conducted by Himachal Pradesh Technical University
- Odisha Joint Entrance Examination conducted by Odisha Joint Examination Board.
** Also read about B. Ed course and its entrance exams.
** Also read about M. Ed course and its entrance exams.
Entrance Exam Preparation Tips for M Pharma:
- Students must know the exam pattern, the number of questions allotted, the timing, the marking scheme, and the syllabus.
- The basics of pharmaceutical analysis, clinical Pharmacy, and other subjects taught in B Pharm must be clear.
- The aspirants must take help from reference books for GPAT exam preparation.
- The aspirants must study the previous year's question papers and give regular mock tests.
- Students must also get the study materials from YouTube videos and sample question papers related to the exam.
M Pharm Subjects and Topics Taught:
|Drug regulatory affairs
- Abbreviated new drug application
- Material safety data sheet preparation
- New drug application
- Investigational new drug application
- Kinetic principles and stability testing
- Optimisation techniques
- Quality control
- Preformulation studies
||Product development and formulation
- Preclinical evaluation of drugs
- Alternatives to animals screening procedures
- Modern methods of pharmacological treatments
- Pilot plants scale-up techniques
- Dermatological preparations
- Fundamental aspects of product development
|Novel Drug delivery systems
||Biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics
- Oral drug delivery
- Fundamentals of controlled release drug delivery systems
- Regulatory consideration in controlled release
- Distribution of drugs
- Elimination of drugs
- Absorption of drugs
** Read about Sociology course and its syllabus.
M Pharm Semester-wise Syllabus:
- Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical techniques
- Drug delivery System
- Modern Pharmaceutics
- Regulatory affair
- Pharmaceutics practical I
- Molecular Pharmaceutics (NanoTech and Targeted DDS)
- Advanced Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Cosmetic and cosmeceuticals
- Pharmaceutics practical II
- Computer-aided Drug delivery System
- Research methodology and biostatistics
- Journal club
- Research work
- Journal club
- Research work
M Pharm: Pedagogy
- Teachers and professionals used traditional methods of lecturing in an M Pharm classroom which does not interest the students as they need to gain practical knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical studies.
- A new method of teaching called Self Study, Test Question, and Discussions (STQD) has evolved, emphasising students' learning needs and goals.
- This method helps develop analytical skills as students can ask questions, participate in discussion groups, solve problems, and brainstorm ideas.
M Pharm Distance Education:
M Pharma to distance education modes offered in 3 to 4 years duration program which is affordable. Distance education is chosen by those students who cannot physically reach the college campus.
Some of the top colleges for distance M Pharm course includes:
- Chandra Institute of Professional Studies
- Magadh Sai Education
- Punjab Technical University
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Shah Institute of Computer Science
- Skill Meet Academy Kalyan
- Bharti Group of Institutions
M Pharm Top Colleges in India according to NIRF ranking with fee structure:
- Jamia Hamdard University - INR 2.1 lakh
- Punjab University - INR 29.4k
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research - INR 90k
- Institute of Chemical Technology - INR 70.7k
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science - INR 4.45 lakh
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences - INR 4.25 lakh
- JSS College of Pharmacy - INR 2.53 lakh
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research - INR 2.5 lakh
- Annamalai University - INR 1.03 lakh
- Bella Institute of Technology Mesra - INR 2.65 lakh
- Shobhaben Pratabhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management - INR 3.52 lakh
- SRM College of Pharmacy - INR 1.5 lakh
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda - INR 1500
- Institute of Pharmacy Nirma University - INR 3.96 lakh
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth - INR 1.61 lakh
- Amity University Noida - INR 1.2 lakh
- Poona College of Pharmacy - INR 1.25 lakh
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research - INR 50000
- Shri Ramchandra Institute of Higher Education and Research - INR 1.5 lakh
M Pharm College Comparison:
||Jamia Hamdard University
||Birla Institute of Technology and Science
||Jamia Hamdard University is one of the top colleges in India which is credited in 'A' grade by NAAC for Pharmaceutical studies.
||BITS Pilani is a private Technical University which offers M Pharma program.
||Punjab University is an 'A' grade State University which offers various MA, MSc, MTech courses.
|Total Course Fee
||INR 4.2 lakh
||INR 8.9 lakh
|Average Placement Probability
||60% to 75%
M Pharm Abroad Study:
- University of Oxford, Oxford
- Monash University, Melbourne
- Harvard University, Cambridge
- University of Toronto, Canada
- UCL, London
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge
- University of Nottingham, Nottingham
- National University of California, San Francisco
- The University of North Carolina, Chapel hill
- University of Manchester, Manchester
** Find out about Best MBBS colleges Overseas.
M Pharm Specialisations, Average Fees, and Average Salaries Offered:
It is an advanced study of our criticals which provides sides to studying the interaction between chemicals and living organisms.
Average Fees of M Pharm in Pharmacology: INR 1.2 lakh to INR 6 lakh
The average salary of an M Pharm in Pharmacology: is INR 3 lakh to INR 10 lakh.
M Pharm in Pharmaceutics:
It studies the composition and manufacture of different medicines, which also provides knowledge regarding the developments that have taken place during drug and delivery operations.
Average Fees of M Pharm in Pharmaceutics: INR 100000 to INR 5 lakh
Average Salary of M Pharm in Pharmaceutics: INR 2 lakh to INR 800000
M Pharm in Industrial Pharmacy:
It studies the use and function of mass spectrometers and provides an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and its impact on healthcare.
Average Fees of M Pharm in Industrial Pharmacy: INR 100000 to INR 3 lakh
Average Salary of M Pharm in Industrial Pharmacy: INR 2 lakh to INR 20 lakh
M Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry:
It is the study of the design and application of chemical products in healthcare which provides an understanding of the application of various modern techniques in designing new drugs.
Average Fees of M Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: INR 40000 to INR 1 lakh
Average M Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry Salary: INR 3 lakh to INR 9 lakh.
M Pharm Job Prospects, Descriptions, and Salaries offered:
Pharmacists are responsible for distributing medicines and providing patients with instructions about the correct dose of medication.
Salary of a pharmacist: INR 2.5 lakh per annum
A pharmacologist formulates, and research is on drugs.
Salary of a pharmacologist: INR 4.8 lakh per annum
It deals with medicinal research about ayurvedic, Unani, and yoga.
Salary of a Pharmacognosy: INR 3 lakh to INR 600000
Drug and Quality Controllers:
A drug and quality controller ensures the quality assurance of medicinal drugs.
Salary of a drug and quality controller: INR 600000 per annum.
An oncology pharmacist is responsible for testing medicines related to cancer treatment.
Salary of oncology pharmacist: INR 7 lakh per annum
Clinical Project Manager:
Clinical project manager plans, designs, and directs the clinical research projects.
Salary of a clinical project manager: INR 9.9 lakh per annum.
Pharm Top Recruiters:
- Apollo hospitals
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- AG Medical Communications
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Reddy's Laboratories
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Abbott India
- Adani Group
- Taj Pharmaceuticals
M Pharm Employment Areas:
- Quality control
- Quality assurance
- Sales and marketing
- Health economy
- Nutrition pharmacy
- Research and development
- Students can pursue a PhD in pharmacy specialisation, which is a lucrative job position.
- Students can also pursue MBA or LLB programs which will enhance their career prospects and help them get a managerial-level or corporate Lawyer job in a pharmaceutical company.
- Students can also work in pharmaceutical companies, food and fermentation units, and education institutes in India and abroad.
- Students can also see jobs in the public sector as drug inspectors and pharmacists.
- Students can also begin their own pharmaceutical companies and medical stores, which are equally beneficial for their career advancement.
M Pharm FAQs:
1. Is a PhD in Pharmacy a good career option after M Pharm?
Yes, a PhD in Pharmacy is a good career option for those interested in clinical research.
2. Is GPAT difficult?
GTA exam is easy to moderately tricky with 125 multiple choice questions, and the frequency of conducting the exam is one.
3. What are the application fees for GPAT?
For General/OBCL Females, SC/ST/PWD/Transgenders: INR 1000
For General/OBCL Males: INR 1200
4. What is the highest starting salary after M Pharm?
The average highest starting salary for M Pharm graduates is INR 8 lakh.
5. Will I be considered a doctor after completing my M Pharm degree?
No, you will not be considered a Doctor after graduating with an M Pharm degree. You can only have a doctor prefix if you have completed your PhD from a relevant course or are pursuing MBBS.
We hope that this article has cleared all your doubts on Master of Pharmacy. Brainwonders is here to resolve all your remaining doubts on every course.
Are you aware which subjects and courses will bring you closer to your dream career?
Worry not, because the Brainwonders test and guidance will not only help you know it, but also follow it!