Top 9 Reasons as to Why An Educational Counselor is needed in Life!
29 September,2022 | By Brainwonders
Your neighbour’s kid has chosen a subject that she loves and she is excelling at it. Whereas your child is struggling with the subjects that he has chosen with your help! How could this possibly happen! Here are Top 9 Reasons Why An Educational Counselor is needed in Life!
When you ask your neighbour she says that instead of helping her child choose the subject, she went to an Education Counsellor who helped her child understand her strengths and weaknesses and helped her choose the field in which she will actually excel.
But do we need an Educational Counsellor?
The answer is YES. Today’s generation has access to a lot more career options than we did 50 years ago. And as we all know, we keep on evolving genetically, thus giving rise to many fields.
Recommended Read: What do you understand by Counselling and what are the types of Counselling?
Educational Counsellors provide three main types of educational counselling:
- Educational Guidance and Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Career Counselling
Are you planning to become a career counsellor? If Yes, then these secret tips to become a career counsellor is the perfect choice for you.
An Education Counsellor can help you in many different ways. If your child is having difficulty in understanding the subjects in his field or he is confused as to which field should he choose, it is advisable to go to the educational counsellor and take their help, find the top 9 reasons below
Here are 9 reasons why Educational Counsellors are needed:
- To understand your Interests and Strengths: the Counsellors also identify the interest and strengths of the students and this helps in choosing the field.
- Use of Aptitude tests to understand your abilities and skills: Educational Counsellors use different aptitude tests in order to get an insight into your skills and abilities. This will help them understand what field will be suitable for you.
- Learning Style should be used: Educational Counsellors also identify the best learning styles that will help the student to grasp the information and use it at their expense. A learning style that doesn’t help you recollect or remember the information will not be helpful to you. Therefore knowing the right learning style for you will help you grasp and remember easily.
- Early intervention: if approached earlier, the counsellors can help in a much more effective way and the early intervention there are better chances for you to choose the right career.
Find out: Why is career counselling more valuable now?
- To spot the person’s behaviour: Educational Counsellor will take into consideration all the aspects: your personality, skills, potentials behaviour etc. all of this will help them decide with you what fields you can take up.
- Psychometric testing: other psychometric testing done by Educational Counsellors will help evaluate your potentials and skills which will help in extracurricular activities as well as academics. They will help you expand in all the areas that you are competent in.
- Giving vocational guidance: Vocational guidance for students and adults is one of the best ways to choose the right career path. With a plethora of career choices out there, sound career counselling plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the right career choices are made. This is rewarding, considering that an individual can choose the right career path as per the strengths and talents he possesses. Right counselling not only helps the person to grow in the job quickly but gives ample room to learn in his desired field.
- Help students find the best career for themselves: the counsellors also help the students who are confused or stuck or those who cannot choose between which career to choose. As we all read in the above points the counsellors by doing aptitude and other psychometric tests, can help you understand and choose the best field/ career for you.
Visit Page:Online Career Counselling & Career Guidance | Best Career Counsellors – Brainwonders
Educational Counsellors also takes care of:
- Family Issues
- Puberty problems
- Career choices
- Family Support
- Bullying or fighting
- Concerns regarding marks
Students aren't the only ones who need help from educational Counsellors. It is also required by working professionals for:
- Guidance for higher studies
- Landing at the right career
- Transiting from one career path to another
- Preparation for interviews
- Facilitating job changes
Benefits of Educational Counselling:
- Educational counselling helps an individual to explore interests and skills.
- Educational counselling can help an individual to learn that education and career goals are intertwined.
- Educational counselling removes the uncertainty about the future decisions.
- Educational counselling helps in strategising proper steps to achieve goals.
Find out: The Best Career Development Tool for STUDENTS.
- Educational counselling can help an individual know about different job options that are available and help them understand the job market.
- Educational counselling can help an individual during career transitions by providing support and guidance throughout the process.
- Educational counselling can help an individual overcome career obstacles.
- Educational counselling can help to build a satisfying and successful career.
In all, Educational Counsellors are needed in today’s age and time so that students can be benefitted and can choose the right career path. This will reduce the depression that the students face these days because of choosing the wrong career path.
Brainwonders is a firm that has excellent career guidance counsellors and educational counsellors. They, with the help of the DMIT test, will help you decide which career options are optimal for you and which field will be helpful for you. This was the top 9 reasons.
Get the right Guidance to leap through your Career
Let the best team of psychologists and career counsellors help you achieve your dream career!