Top Diploma Courses after 10th in Vocational Training
13 July,2022 | By Brainwonders
Are you struggling to look out for short-term duration courses? Then this blog will be beneficial for you. After reading the full blog, you can get the exact answers to the listed questions like What are vocational courses? What is the eligibility requirement for vocational courses? What are the top vocational courses after 10th? What are the top colleges in India that offer vocational courses after 10th?
Table of Content:
- What are Vocational Courses?
- Vocational Courses After 10th: Duration
- Vocational Courses After 10th: Eligibility
- List of Vocational Courses After 10th
- Paramedical Courses
- Commerce Courses
- Hospitality Management Courses
- Engineering and Technology Courses
- Agriculture and Vocational Courses
- Other Miscellaneous Courses
- Vocational Courses After 10th: Top Colleges
- Why study Vocational Courses after 10th?
- Vocational Courses After 10th: Admission Procedure
- Vocational Courses After 10th: Scope
- Vocational Courses After 10th: Final Thought
So, let's now proceed towards knowing exactly what vocational courses are.
What are Vocational Courses?
Vocational courses are intended for students who want to gain practical knowledge and skills in the industry rather than theoretical knowledge. Vocational courses focus on industry-oriented skills or industry-specific skills. Even the vocational courses are short-term durational courses. Due to this, vocational courses have gained much popularity among youngsters.
Vocational courses were designed by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Thus, vocational courses are Central and State government courses intended for students to incorporate developmental, managerial and industry-related skills.
Vocational Courses After 10th: Duration
As said earlier, vocational courses are short-term duration courses which students can pursue within 6 months to 3 years in which students do not need to spend a considerable amount on fees, so they can easily pursue these courses. They can earn within 1-2 years. Mentioned below are duration-wise course details, which help you identify which course will take how much time. So let's look at this section and go for vocational courses after 10th class
- Certificate – 6 months duration
- Diploma – 1-year duration
- Bachelor – 3-year duration
- Master – 2-year duration
Vocational Courses After 10th: Eligibility
Those between the ages of 14 and 25 are eligible to pursue vocational courses. The age relaxation is available for students who belong to SC/ST/OBC. The minimum education required for pursuing the vocational courses is that the candidates must have completed class 10th or 12th from a recognised board. Vocational courses are opted by those who wish to earn early or maybe want to do any specialisation.
List of Vocational Courses After 10th
- Physiotherapy Technician course
- Medical Lab Technology course
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Multipurpose Health Worker-Female
- Marketing & Salesmanship
- Accounting & Taxation
- Office Assistantship
- Insurance & Marketing
- Banking & Financial Services
Hospitality Management Courses
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Services
- Diploma in Bakery & Confectionary
- Diploma in Craft Course in Food Production
- Diploma in Cookery
- Diploma in Housekeeping
- Diploma in Restaurant & Counter Service
- Diploma in Hotel Reception & Bookkeeping
- Hotel & Hospitality Operations Management
Engineering and Technology Courses
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Industry Integrated
- Diploma in Electronics (Microprocessor)
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Tool and Die)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Air Conditioning & Refrigeration)
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Diploma in Production and Industrial Engineering
- Diploma in Plastic Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Food Technology
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Interior Design and Decoration
- Diploma in Leather Technology
- Diploma in Leather Technology (Footwear)
- Diploma in Textile Design
- Diploma in Textile Processing
- Diploma in Textile Technology (Spinning)
- Diploma in Textile Technology (Weaving)
- Diploma in Textile Technology (Knitting)
- Diploma in Library and Information Sciences
Agriculture and Vocational Courses
- Crop Production and Management
Other Miscellaneous Courses
- Typewriting (Hindi and English)
- Secretarial (Hindi and English)
- Stenography (Hindi and English)
- Travel and Tourism
- English Communication & Presentation skills
- Textile Designing
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Fashion Designing
- Hair & Skin Care
- Event Management
- Office Management
- Library Assistant
- Hospital and Health Care Management (Nursing)
- English communication skills
- Cosmetics & Lifestyle Product Designing
- Catering Management
- Jan Swasthya
Vocational Courses After 10th: Top Colleges
Listed below are the top colleges that provide vocational courses after 10th:
- Banaras Hindu University
- Punjab University, Patiala
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Jagan Nath University, Haryana
- Mangalmay Institute of Management and Technology
- Vivekanand Institute of Hotel & Tourism Management, Gujarat
- The ICFAI University, Dehradun
- AECS Pavan Industrial Training Institute, Kolar
- Abdul Kalam Institute of Technological Sciences
Why study Vocational Courses after 10th?
Vocational courses are a great education option because of the following reasons:
- Vocational courses train the students with industry-specific skills that will help an individual in a specific field.
- The vocational courses are job-oriented courses that help the candidates get a job after completing the vocational course.
- Many fields of study are available in the course like automobile mechanic, food technician, carpenter, photographer, software developer, electrician, etc.
- The average annual salary after completing vocational education is around INR 4 lakh.
- These courses are ideal for students who desire to work immediately after finishing their studies.
- The course fee is fairly inexpensive, ranging from INR 10,000 to INR 1,50,000 for the full course.
Vocational Courses After 10th: Admission Procedure
If you plan to opt for vocational courses, you must first be familiar with the exact admission procedure of vocational courses. Admission to these vocational courses is primarily based on the merit list obtained by the candidates.
As per the marks obtained by the candidates, they are eligible to enrol in this course. A Slew of entrance exams is also conducted by various institutes, including IPU CET, BHU UET, MHT CET, etc. Therefore, the students can appear in these exams and get admission to their preferred vocational courses.
Vocational Courses After 10th: Scope
As we have already discussed, vocational courses are job-oriented and industry-specific courses; there are ample job opportunities available for candidates who are specialised in a particular field. Several job postings are available in different organisations for vocational or diploma students. Growth in this professional is certain if you use the right tactics and carry out the work as per the requirements.
Vocational Courses After 10th: Final Thought
We hope this blog will help you choose the precise vocational course per your preferred interest. If you find yourself in confusion about which course to pursue after 10th? Or What to do after 10th? Visit Brainwonders for Career Counselling. Brainwonders also provides various assessments like DMIT Test, Aptitude Test, IQ Test, and Personality Test, which help you discover your career based on your interest. Get in touch with us; we are ready to assist you!
Want To Crack The Toughest Exam!
Fill the form to know how!