CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips 2024 - Subject wise Tips & Trick
03 April,2023 | By Brainwonders
Students getting ready for the CBSE Class 10 board exams in 2024 should plan their preparation strategically, focusing on each subject. The tentative dates for the CBSE Class 10 exam are from February 15 to April 10, 2024. Many students may feel anxious, but with the right preparation tips for CBSE Class 10 in 2024, you can make the exam much more manageable. Let's discuss how to study for Class 10 and prepare for the 10th board exam 2024.
Before beginning their preparations, students should thoroughly review the CBSE Class 10 syllabus for 2024. Afterwards, they can delve into the CBSE Class 10 preparation tips for 2024. An essential aspect of the exam is how well students present their answers. They should aim to impress the examiners with their paper presentation skills. In this article, we'll provide straightforward and helpful CBSE tips for Class 10 board exams in 2024 to assist students in their preparations.
How to Prepare for 10th Board Exam 2024 CBSE Effectively?
Preparation Tip 1: Familiarize Yourself with the Exam Pattern and syllabus
One of the essential CBSE Class 10 preparation tips for 2024 is understanding the exam's details, including question types, numbers, and marking schemes. Thoroughly review the syllabus to grasp the subject topics.
CBSE Class 10th exam structure:
- Total Marks: 100
- Annual Board Exam (80 Marks): Pass with a minimum of 33% in each subject.
- Internal Assessment (20 Marks): Includes Periodic Tests (10 marks each), Notebook submission (5 marks), and Subject Activities (5 marks).
Preparation Tip 2: Create a Well-Structured Study Schedule
Crafting a study timetable for Class 10 CBSE board exams is crucial. With proper planning, reaching your goals can be easy. Allocate equal time for each subject, maintain a steady pace rather than rushing, and consider dedicating more time to subjects you feel weaker.
Preparation Tip 3: Make Concise Notes
Creating compact, handy notes is an effective way to facilitate learning. Include names, rules, and formulas, and refer to them regularly.
Preparation Tip 4: Practice with Sample Papers and previous Years' Questions
Solving previous years' question papers is a confidence booster. It also helps you manage time effectively and gauge your problem-solving speed. Additionally, practice with CBSE sample papers for Class 10 in 2024 to align with the latest exam pattern.
Preparation Tip 5: Use Clear Language, Avoid Slang
In your exam answers, use straightforward language. Using slang or informal language may lead to unnecessary mistakes. Stick to simple language to ensure clarity and maximize your chances of a high score.
Preparation Tip 6: Develop a Strategy for Answer Writing
Avoid exceeding word limits in your answers. Provide relevant information without exaggeration, as this can result in a loss of marks. Practice the proper technique for answering questions, which comes through consistent practice. Make the most of the 15-minute reading time before the exam starts.
Preparation Tip 7: Take Mock Tests and Prioritize Rest
Taking mock tests and solving sample papers helps alleviate fear, stress, and anxiety, which can affect your performance in the exam hall. Prepare well in advance. Ensure you get adequate sleep, especially the night before the exam.
Preparation Tip 8: Incorporate Breaks into Your Study Sessions
Studying for extended periods can be taxing. To stay focused and fit during your preparation, take short breaks. Incorporate some exercises to refresh your mind.
CBSE Class 10th Maths Exam Preparation Tips
- In order to score maximum marks in Maths subjects, you need to solve a different variety of numerical, geometrical, statistical, and algebraic problems.
- Go through the entire syllabus in the NCERT books. The NCERT book questions are the most important for the Class 10 Maths examination. Examiners also generate board exam questions using CBSE and NCERT materials.
- Try to solve the previous year's CBSE 10th Maths paper in order to improve your score. In addition, you will get an idea about what type of questions are asked in exams.
- Make sure to add the graphs and figures in question wherever needed to score maximum marks.
- Know the syllabus and importance of the topics included in Maths subject and study accordingly.
- You can solve previous year's papers to check the efficiency and whether you can complete the paper within the exam period.
CBSE Class 10th English Exam Preparation Tips
- Vocabulary skills: Students can improve their English writing, communication and vocabulary skills by reading newspaper articles, magazines, novels, and philosophical issues. The best way to improve your vocabulary is to note down the unfamiliar words with their meaning and go through them once or twice a day, so it will be helpful for you to remember those words. Thereby you can use those words in writing.
- Unseen Passages: This position is very scoring and requires many good reading and comprehension skills. So make sure you are practising comprehension passages.
- Grammar: Grammar is the essence of an English subject. We recommend you study the NCERT English grammar book and study the fundamentals of grammar. After going to each grammar concept, also solve grammar exercise questions.
- Literature: Since you are likely to be asked analytical and content-based questions, you should know some of the details of the different chapters.
- Writing Skills: You need to follow the CBSE Board pattern of writing letters. Most of the English questions are 10 marks, so make sure you are good at writing skills.
Visit: Online Career Counselling & Career Guidance | Best Career Counsellors – Brainwonders
CBSE Class 10th Physics Exam Preparation Tips
- The best key to scoring excellent physics marks is practising numerical questions and revising the concepts.
- Revise the essential concepts which are high scoring and also do revise the fundamentals concepts of Physics
- Several questions in physics which are majorly asked in exams are primarily based on theorems or formulas, which need to be thoroughly revised.
- To get a picturesque idea, you can refer to NCERT books and practise the physics questions.
CBSE Class 10th Chemistry Exam Preparation Tips
- Practice balancing reactions
- Note down the essential name reactions and revise them daily.
- Using the standard and IUPAC naming systems, learning how to name hydrocarbons, organic compounds, and salts.
- Inorganic chemistry must not be overlooked. Students should be familiar with the characteristics of d-block, p-block, and f-block elements.
- Do memorise the periodic table.
- Study the nomenclature of carbon compounds with functional groups, as well as the popular name for salts.
- Soap's saponification and cleansing function should not be overlooked.
- Moreover, it is better to stick with the NCERT books and study and revise the topics in the chemistry syllabus.
Visit: Online Aptitude Test: How to take Career Aptitude Test? – Brainwonders
CBSE Class 10th Biology Exam Preparation Tips
- Biology is an important science subject where you need to understand every figure and illustration; then only you can explain the biological concepts.
- Biology is mostly a theoretical subject, and students must pay keen attention to essential concepts and terminologies.
- Students can be better prepared if they are aware of the weightage of each chapter in Biology.
- Finally, because CBSE follows the NCERT syllabus, students should place a premium on the NCERT textbooks.
CBSE Class 10th Social Science Exam Preparation Tips
- Please make a list of important historical dates within a year, go through it frequently and memorise the dates.
- Additionally, you also need to memorise and remember important liberation fighters' names, rulers, and historical dates.
- Instead of memorising the whole historical paragraphs, make a summary of the particular historical events, so it will be easy for you to memorise it during the written examination.
- Mainly focus on attempting the simple and scoring question. In the end, you can utilise your exam time in writing lengthy questions.
- Stick with NCERT books and go through the topics in the syllabus.
Visit: What is Personality Test | How to Take the Personality Test? – Brainwonders
We hope that this blog post will help you prepare for the CBSE Board Class 10th exam. Apart from the suggestions we have mentioned, also make sure to eat healthy food as well as get at least 7 hours of sleep daily. Do not allow fear to enter your mind. Stay confident and prepare yourself to give your best in the CBSE 10th Exam.
Unsure about how to study, visit Brainwonders. We at Brainwonders will provide the best guidance and assistance to help you perform well in the CBSE class 10th Exam.
Confused about which Course to choose after 10th?
Take Brainwonders Career Test and make the right decisions for your college and course ahead