CBSE Class 10th Preparation Tips: Ultimate Strategy & Guide
03 April,2023 | By Brainwonders
Students who are studying in Class 10th of the CBSE Board semester 1 examination must efficiently complete the whole CBSE 10th syllabus. Self-study becomes essential for the students. They need to study and set up last month for revision constantly. The students need to follow the study pattern properly, know the concepts, get familiarised with the concepts, and practice questions; then, only they will be able to get an excellent score in their 10th CBSE Board. They should have the mindset of studying to the best of their ability.
CBSE Class 10th Subject wise Preparation Tips
When it comes to CBSE Class 10th Board preparations, you must study regularly in order to score excellent marks. It would help if you did the planning of how to study during the start of class 10th. Map down your target score and accordingly study with the mindset to score the targeted marks in the CBSE 10th Board exam.
You can find subject-specific study advice for CBSE Class 10 in the following area: You should be aware that different subjects necessitate different preparation strategies. As a result, we've listed suggestions and tips in order to score maximum marks in each subject. This will assist you in better preparing for the exam.
CBSE Class 10th Maths Exam Preparation Tips
- In order to score maximum marks in Maths subjects, you need to solve a different variety of numerical, geometrical, statistical, and algebraic problems.
- Go through the entire syllabus in the NCERT books. The NCERT book questions are the most important for the Class 10 Maths examination. Examiners also generate board exam questions using CBSE and NCERT materials.
- Try to solve the previous year's CBSE 10th Maths paper in order to improve your score. In addition, you will get an idea about what type of questions are asked in exams.
- Make sure to add the graphs and figures in question wherever needed to score maximum marks.
- Know the syllabus and importance of the topics included in Maths subject and study accordingly.
- You can solve previous year's papers to check the efficiency and whether you can complete the paper within the exam period.
CBSE Class 10th English Exam Preparation Tips
- Vocabulary skills: Students can improve their English writing, communication and vocabulary skills by reading newspaper articles, magazines, novels, and philosophical issues. The best way to improve your vocabulary is to note down the unfamiliar words with their meaning and go through them once or twice a day, so it will be helpful for you to remember those words. Thereby you can use those words in writing.
- Unseen Passages: This position is very scoring and requires many good reading and comprehension skills. So make sure you are practising comprehension passages.
- Grammar: Grammar is the essence of an English subject. We recommend you study the NCERT English grammar book and study the fundamentals of grammar. After going to each grammar concept, also solve grammar exercise questions.
- Literature: Since you are likely to be asked analytical and content-based questions, you should know some of the details of the different chapters.
- Writing Skills: You need to follow the CBSE Board pattern of writing letters. Most of the English questions are 10 marks, so make sure you are good at writing skills.
Visit: Online Career Counselling & Career Guidance | Best Career Counsellors – Brainwonders
CBSE Class 10th Physics Exam Preparation Tips
- The best key to scoring excellent physics marks is practising numerical questions and revising the concepts.
- Revise the essential concepts which are high scoring and also do revise the fundamentals concepts of Physics
- Several questions in physics which are majorly asked in exams are primarily based on theorems or formulas, which need to be thoroughly revised.
- To get a picturesque idea, you can refer to NCERT books and practise the physics questions.
CBSE Class 10th Chemistry Exam Preparation Tips
- Practice balancing reactions
- Note down the essential name reactions and revise them daily.
- Using the standard and IUPAC naming systems, learning how to name hydrocarbons, organic compounds, and salts.
- Inorganic chemistry must not be overlooked. Students should be familiar with the characteristics of d-block, p-block, and f-block elements.
- Do memorise the periodic table.
- Study the nomenclature of carbon compounds with functional groups, as well as the popular name for salts.
- Soap's saponification and cleansing function should not be overlooked.
- Moreover, it is better to stick with the NCERT books and study and revise the topics in the chemistry syllabus.
Visit: Online Aptitude Test: How to take Career Aptitude Test? – Brainwonders
CBSE Class 10th Biology Exam Preparation Tips
- Biology is an important science subject where you need to understand every figure and illustration; then only you can explain the biological concepts.
- Biology is mostly a theoretical subject, and students must pay keen attention to essential concepts and terminologies.
- Students can be better prepared if they are aware of the weightage of each chapter in Biology.
- Finally, because CBSE follows the NCERT syllabus, students should place a premium on the NCERT textbooks.
CBSE Class 10th Social Science Exam Preparation Tips
- Please make a list of important historical dates within a year, go through it frequently and memorise the dates.
- Additionally, you also need to memorise and remember important liberation fighters' names, rulers, and historical dates.
- Instead of memorising the whole historical paragraphs, make a summary of the particular historical events, so it will be easy for you to memorise it during the written examination.
- Mainly focus on attempting the simple and scoring question. In the end, you can utilise your exam time in writing lengthy questions.
- Stick with NCERT books and go through the topics in the syllabus.
Important Tips on How to Prepare for CBSE Class 10th Board Exam
Listed below are the tips which will eventually help you to prepare for your CBSE board class 10th exam:
Familiarise yourself with the exam pattern
Students must clearly understand the exam portion and paper pattern; then, it will be easy for them to stick with the exam pattern. The CBSE class 10th Board exam pattern covers all types of questions, duration, number of questions, weightage, marking scheme, and topics covered, among many other things.
The CBSE class 10th test consists of 100 marks divided into the following categories:
- Annual board exam of 80 points (Passing marks is 33% in each subject)
- Internal Assessment: 20 Points (Periodic Tests* are worth 10 points each, Notebook submissions are for 5 points, and Subject Activities are worth 5 points).
Make a study plan
It is not easy to achieve your goal without accurate planning. Planning plays a crucial role in students' lives. When it comes to studying, you need to make a study timetable, and you should follow the timetable and do the study regularly. Also, for better results, you can even make a targeted chart sheet wherein you can regularly study by analysing the targeted goal.
Visit: What is IQ Test | How to Take IQ Test Online? IQ Test for Kids – Brainwonders
Familiarise with the topics
Once you get easily equipped with the topics, it will be easy to write on those topics without any hesitation. For theory questions, you can make a brief summary of it and revise that summary; this will alternately help to visualise the answer and write the answer in detail.
Do revise the concepts thoroughly.
Revision is essential in every subject. Quickly analysing the concepts helps you to write better in exams. Thus, when it comes to exam preparation, revision is a must.
Solve the previous year's papers
Practice makes the human perfect; it's an adage which applies to you also. If you do practice and solve the previous papers, it will be helpful and help you know how much time you take to solve the paper.
Get rest as well
Stress, anxiety, and fear make it hard to study and hurt how well you do on board exams. So, it's best to start getting ready and letting your mind settle down. Get enough rest, especially the night before the exam.
Visit: What is Personality Test | How to Take the Personality Test? – Brainwonders
CBSE Class 10th Exam Last-minute Preparation Tips
- Thoroughly revise the scoring concepts.
- Figures, graphs, and illustrations will help you to score maximum marks.
- Understanding your syllabus and the weightage of individual sections will undoubtedly aid you in determining how much time you should devote to each area.
- Make a separate book of formulas, theories, chemical reactions and methods.
We hope that this blog post will help you prepare for the CBSE Board Class 10th exam. Apart from the suggestions we have mentioned, also make sure to eat healthy food as well as get at least 7 hours of sleep daily. Do not allow fear to enter your mind. Stay confident and prepare yourself to give your best in the CBSE 10th Exam.
Unsure about how to study, visit Brainwonders. We at Brainwonders will provide the best guidance and assistance to help you perform well in the CBSE class 10th Exam.
Confused about which Course to choose after 10th?
Take Brainwonders Career Test and make the right decisions for your college and course ahead